Failure is not an option...!

Sparkswillfly

Hi :D

I joined SW almost 4 weeks ago - had two decent first weeks (considering 4 days business trip, 21st birthday party!) But I've had a rough time the last few weeks, my diary was becoming a bit of a moan fest and tbh it is quite depressing!

So I hope MODs don't mine me starting a shiny new, optimistic diary!

Today is back to basics - I did well my first two weeks limiting treats (choc etc) and that is what I am going to do. It seemed to work for me. Im going to concentrate using my syns on real food and making extra tasty meals.

Failure isn't an option for me. I need to do this, for myself, my husband, and my children. I will continue piling on weight until I do something, I will. I didn't get to be almost 19stone eating salads. It will be a hard, and long journey. And there will be ups and downs, I need to combat my emotion eating. I feel happy, I eat, I feel sad, I eat, I fight with my husband, I eat. I need to totally change my eating habits and not see this as a short term fix, SW WILL be a major part of my life.

Here we go...

Day 1

Husband asked if I wanted to go out for a meal tonight. No, not ready at all. My first real test will be London this weekend. I have told my family I will sort my own food. Planning on taking salad stuff, eggs and crumbed ham. Will also take sugar free squash and fruit to keep myself away from naughties. I have also realised it's almost midday and I've had nothing to drink yet.

Weetabix HEXB
175ml Milk HEXA
Tangerine
Banana

Jacket Potato
Tuna
Cucumber
Sweetcorn
Pepper
FF Fromage Frais
TBS Light Mayo 2SYNS

Spaghetti
Lean mince
Onion
Grated Celery
Mushroom
Peppers
Chopped Toms
Herbs
25g Cheese 5SYNS

Grapes
Hifi bar 3SYNS

10SYNS USED

Last edited:
Husband has just told me he has to work until 8 tomorrow, class is at 5.30 grrrr. I can get childcare most days barr Thursday as my mum goes to the other slimming club! I have found a new class thats a few miles away at 7.30 tonight. Going to go there and hope that I enjoy it, maybe I will stay to that one. Please let this consultant be nice!

Thank you x

I went along last night, consultant was lovely. I didn't get to talk to her much but she did say if I need support to get in contact. I had gain 5.5lbs, slightly less than I though, but still 5.5lbs too much! I will go again next week. I set a mini target of 3lbs, Im hoping I can do more. My first 100% week! The only change to yesterday was that I had a hifi bar - so so small!

Here are todays meals - will need to add syns on later

Weetabix HEXB
Milk Hexa
Banana

Small jacket spud
Left over spag bol for last night^^

3 slices of ham
Banana
Tangerine

Chicken pizza thingys (tomato puree, oinion shrooms, pepper)
Cheese 5SYNS
SW chips
Cucumber sticks
Mayo 2SYNS

Hifi bar 3SYNS
Grapes

10 SYNS USED

Last edited:
Im really pleased with how today has gone. I did feel hungry earlier as I was out, I didn't get to eat lunch until 3pm! Just had my dinner and that was lovely too, and I got to have mayo aswell! It didn't feel like a 'diet' meal at all.

I also bought a few bits from Next, bottoms are a 22, I got a 24 dress which is a bit loose - so many send it back for the 22 - I need to decide now if I want it for this weekend. I think I will get the 22!

Off to take my little boy to out of hours doctors now, hope we're not there too long =[

Had a fab weekend away. I didn't 100% food optimise - but I wasn't 'bad' either.

Friday - small bowl of cheesy shephards pie

Saturday - fry up, chicken, bacon and avacado burger with chips, chicken bhuna, half a naan bread, popadom and half a pilau rice

Sunday - bacon, egg, sausage sandwich, tuna salad sandwich, walkers baked, cream cake, lamb sunday dinner.

^^ That is everything I ate - I didn't snack between meals and stopped when full. Most would of been free food, but oil was used and I didn't do 1/3 superfree. But it was a fab weekend and I did do lots of walking!

18/6

Weetabix HEXB
Milk HEXA
Orange

Orange
Light choices meal 4.5SYNS

Light choices meal 4.5SYNS

Lean Pork Steaks
Jacket Potato
Cucumber
Sweetcorn
Mayo 4SYNS

Grapes

13SYNS used

Last edited:
I had a good day Monday. Yesterday was the funeral but I stuck to healthy choices at the buffet, and drank diet coke. Last night I had a griddled chicken and shish wrap, not sure how many syns would of been in that!

I have my weigh in today, not expecting a miracle! But I was away all weekend =]

I've not had anything to eat yet today as I was out for an interview at 8am this morning. Dinner is sorted but need to sort lunch and snacks out.

3x sausages 3SYNS
Roast potatoes
Veg

Husband didn't finish work until 7.30 so missed weigh in. So bloody annoyed. The next one I can go to is Saturday morning, tonight is too early and there isn't one tomorrow. I have seriously debated switching to online, I did well with WW online. But Im not sure how much support you get, the class is ok, but it's not very sociable I find as it is just going through everyones losses...

I bit the bullet, jumped on my very uncomplimentary scales, joined online and BAM.
I have a party in 11 weeks today that I need to focus on! My hubby is taking me out on the 20th July for a meal so I want to try and be 100% until then so I can enjoy myself guilt free, I really fancy going to a steak house I know they deep fat fry the steak! That weekend I also have a family party on the Sunday, Im hoping it's a bbq so I can stick to chicken, jacket spuds and salad, but thats slightly beyond my control atm!

22/6

2x Hifi bars HEXB

Left over spag bol

Banana

Chicken breast with mushrooms,onion, peppers 30g cheese HEXA
Cucumber
Sweetcorn
Potatoes
Mayo 4SYNS

Grapes
Jam doughnut 10.5SYNS

14.5SYNS USED

Good day I think! I managed 1/3 superfree with lunch and dinner, but not with breakfast, have done my shopping now so I have lots of fruit in. Think I will make cottage pie for dinner tomorrow, I got a swede on special at Tesco that needs using

Good luck for SW online :) xx

Thank you!

Well I didn't have my doughnut last night so I only used 4SYNS! And I've managed to have 1/3 superfree with my breakfast. Plan is tuna salad with jacket spud for lunch and cottage pie packed full of veggies for tea, yummy!

Been busy busy busy. Today I was at a lecture thingy with provided lunch. I stuck to meat on wholemeal bread, I did have 3 mini veg spring rolls, and a mini eclair, I mean MINI!!!

But otherwise all good here. I am absolutely knackered and probably over my syns so tonight I will be having a large fruit salad and reading lots!

I have really struggled the last few days. Eaten a few things I shouldn't have done. Not awful, bu certainly not good. I want to commit to a 100% week next week - it will be difficult as Im on community monday/tuesday then labour ward weds/thurs. Not sure I'll have time to eat a proper meal.

Lots of water to flush me in time for tomorrow. Would like 3lbs loss as I think thats where my body is comfortable each week, I like to be consistent!

Sparkswillfly said:
I have really struggled the last few days. Eaten a few things I shouldn't have done. Not awful, bu certainly not good. I want to commit to a 100% week next week - it will be difficult as Im on community monday/tuesday then labour ward weds/thurs. Not sure I'll have time to eat a proper meal.

Lots of water to flush me in time for tomorrow. Would like 3lbs loss as I think thats where my body is comfortable each week, I like to be consistent!

Just popping in to see how your getting on.

Is there any ways of planning to help out with the unexpected time factor of work? Keep fruit on hand for when u do get chance.

How did WI go? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I lost 5.25lbs =)

I kinda know what Im doing Monday. Lunch on the go so will need to plan something that can sit in the car all day as I will have to eat in between visits! GPs visits Tuesday so again lunch on the go!

Weds/Thurs I cannot think about yet! God knows what time I'll finish! Busy busy busy!

Hi hope you don't mind but I'd like to follow your diary.

Well done on the loss this week1

Back