Fajita's

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi ladies,

I'm making chicken fajitas tonight for dinner. Ingrediants are chicken, peppers, mushrooms and onions with Old El Paso Bbq spice mix.

First of all is chicken free if cooked in a pan with fry light? I know the spice mix is 4.5 syns so I'm happy enough with that as its between 3 of us.

Also when it comes to the Pitta Bread, is the Asda wholemeal at Hexb? I looked in my book and just saw the Co-op listed?

Thanks in advance for advice :)

Yes the chicken will be free in frylight and yes both the asda and co op wholemeal Pitta breads are b choice

Happy days, thanks :)

Also meant to ask I've got Tesco Lighter than Light Mayo... anyone any ideas of the syn value per tsp / tbspn?

Thanks x

Happy days, thanks :)

Also meant to ask I've got Tesco Lighter than Light Mayo... anyone any ideas of the syn value per tsp / tbspn?

Thanks x

Extra Light Mayo is 0.5 syns per LEVEL tablespoon (make sure you level it otherwise it could add up to as much as 2 syns!)

Fab, thanks ladies :)

We made our own fajita seasoning, recipe as below. Approx 2 heaped tablespoons is the same quantity as the pouches you buy. I've got it in a screw top seasoning jar, keeps for ages. My next batch I plan on tweakin g a little as it's not quite there in terms of tasting exactly the same as the pouches but OH and I both love it anyway! And, it's syn free!

¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder

¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne (amount depends on how much heat you want)
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed

Awesome, thanks for that :) x

I'm doing these for dinner tomorrow.
When I want to save a HEX/syns I use lettuce instead of using a pitta/wrap.
I use either big iceberg leaves and put the mixture in them and roll or I use little gem lettuce leaves. As they are like mini boats you can just plonk some on and munch away.
I love the extra texture and taste the lettuce gives. H2B prefers lettuce now and won't eat the wraps at all

To make it totally syn free you could replace the mix with KittenKat's recipe (going to try that tomorrow!) and use only lettuce.

We made our own fajita seasoning, recipe as below. Approx 2 heaped tablespoons is the same quantity as the pouches you buy. I've got it in a screw top seasoning jar, keeps for ages. My next batch I plan on tweakin g a little as it's not quite there in terms of tasting exactly the same as the pouches but OH and I both love it anyway! And, it's syn free!

¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne (amount depends on how much heat you want)
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed

Im going to give this ok next week sounds yumyumpigsbum

Back