Fake tan??

natnat1105

I am pretty fair skinned and am looking to get a bit of a glow ready for the summer months (I use the term summer loosely considering this is UK)

I was wondering what fake tans people recommend? I don't want one that washes off at night, I want a gradual type tanner. I was looking at Famous Dave but don't know anyone who uses it.

Any recommendations greatly received!

Thanks fellow dieters
X

I too am very very fair...and the best most natural looking stuff I have used is the cheap semichem st moritz in the lightest shade...apparantley its a dupe for st tropez but its lovely on...its a foam and u can buy an applicator mitt. It looks awful when u first apply it because it has a guide colour but when u wash it off the next day its very nice.

Is that the one you can get in bodycare? Think I bought it and washed it of coz I thought it was going to look like that base colour. Whoopsy.

Ooh...live seen that one, i'll give it a go! Just want a bit of a summer glow without the skin damage! :)

yeah the base colour is v v v dark and kinda green but its lovely when u wash it off the next day...only tan ive ever bought that doesnt streak and looks ok

I've literally just plastered myself in st moritz for a hen party tomorrow. I use it ALL the time and it's great, it shows the colour as you put it on so you can see where you're putting it and don't leave any streaky bits. Once you've had a shower it will look a lot more natural and you'll be amazed at how good it is! As I'm a wannabe wag (JOKE) I enjoy being a healthy shade of orange and always top up after a shower with some sun shimmer :)

I was going to recommend St Tropez, it's a little pricey but very nice & you don't get that 'fake tan' smell. But next time I think I'll try the cheaper version, I'm all for saving money:D

ive had st tropez done at the salon and st moritz looked better tbh but im no tan genius i only tend to do it for nights out

st moritz is amazing and the price makes it even better. I find the dark works nicer than the medium. I'm super pale too and it gives a nice colour.

I love the dark st moritz too, and I'm very pale! Even if I slather it on all streaky it evens out after a shower the next day! And ive used the light one without showering too, when desperate for colour! Love st moritz!

yeah im so pale I cant find foundation light enough...it just isnt made :-(

you cant get it anywhere in uk anymore except on ebay rarely but cost a fortune.

i went thru a stage of using st moriz all the time but i found after using it too much it fades a bit patchy? maybe just a bad batch.. my skin is also so light that i couldnt find a foundation- i went to bodyshop in the end i use the lightest one 001 lol xxx

all foundations that u buy in superdrug boots are too dark for me...ive had to buy high end stuff (dior) to get a match. the trick with the fake tan is to exfoliate like crazy before applying. I just done it last night and im streak/patch free

yeah i always exfoliate and moisturise before doing it, it seems to be after it fades away it leaves a few patchy bits.. to be fair tho i was using it like every other day! ive tried tescos own fake tan and its not actually bad! xxx

after first day I exfoliate again otherwise it comes off patchy

doesnt it take away most of the tan? xxx

yeah but u just reapply it lol

ohh so u use the tan in the eve, wash off and exfoliate the next morning then use the tan stuff again in the evening, then just wash off as normal the next morning? xxx

Back