Green Day Falafel

ally7997

Silver Member
Does anyone have a nice recipe for falafel please, search doesn't work on my phone and fancy some!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Here is my recipe for falafels.............

Pete’s Mini Falafels

Makes 18

Ingredients

2 Wholemeal slices of bread (400g loaf) 1Heb or 6syn
1 400g chickpeas (s)(sff)
1tsp cumin
1egg (ff)
2tbsp chopped coriander
1tsp chilli flakes (s)(sff)
100g Roasted red peppers (s)(sff)
2 spring onions (s)(sff)

Method

In a food processor reduce the ingredients to a smooth paste, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the fridge until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”

Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow to cool.

Falafels (Small).JPG

Oo this is excellent thank you.

Would you say this is 4 servings? Looks gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for this - sounds lovely! I have some yogurt and mint sauce in the fridge that needs using up so these will be perfect to go with :)

Just waiting to eat mine now (hurry up rice!). Made a few alterations to the spice mix due to not having any chilli flakes left and used 2 syns worth of breadcrumbs as no HEXB spare but they look yummy! Not quite as good as the ones in the picture but not bad. ;) Thanks again!

Attachments

• image-3778522758.jpg
    image-3778522758.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
thanks for sharing - these look and sound great. I'm always looking for new "burger" ideas to make with my girls - rather than the chip shop, we have make your own Friday night burger nights. Might not make it til then to try them though.

Back