fallen off the band wagon on day1!!!

I joined sw yesterday, and officially started it today.....and ive already fallen off! :0/ i had weetabix for breakfast as it was a suggested breakfast, then i find i have used 6 syns on fricken weetabix!!!! Grrr! Then i was planningon having either pasta bake or chilli chicken for dinner tonight but the sauce (which is not creamy) takes up the entire rest if my syns!!! I wanted to use my syns for choc or something sweet as that tends to be my downfall so i thought if i allow for them i should stay on track. Its great that sw allows for so many free foods but it doesnt really allow for flavour unless u only use tomatos and herbs/spices......for every meal.
I was so p.o with the stupid weetabix syns and was already desparate for something sweet so i ate 2 fun size mars bars and a corner yoghert. Well over my syns!!! And on day 1!!!!
Was so geared up to do this as i had heatd lots of gd things but i just thnk its unrealistic. I really cant see it being a life change rather then a diet. Not a happy bunny at all. :eek:/ may go back to ww.
Anyone else find this with sw?

yeah just about to say that weetabix is only six syns if your not using them as healthy extra

I am confused.

How did you use 6 Syns on Weetabix? You get two as a Healthy B choice. So unless you had 4, you hadn't used any Syns.

I never ever use shop bought sauces, as like you I like to use my Syns for treats, and I never find my food bland or boring. It always has loads of flavour. You say you are only on day one, so have you actually tried any SW recipes yet? You can easily make a creamy tomato bake sauce by using chopped tomatoes or passatta, garlic, chilli, mixed herbs and some quark or low fat natural yogurt. Totally Syn free and packed with loads of flavour. Have you tried looking through the SW website, magazine or the recipe forum on here for ideas? I don't understand how you can think SW "doesn't allow for flavour" if you are only on day 1, and have therefore probably not tried many of the thousands of recipes out there.

So you had a couple of little treats, I'd guess around 20 Syns at most for the mini mars bars and corner yogurt. Big deal. You're allowed up to 15 per day, which is 105 over the week. Work out how many you have used today and subtract it from the 105 total - then you will know how many you have left overall for the week and you can alter your daily allowance to suit.

One thing's for sure, it definitely won't be a "lifestyle change" if you haven't even attemped one day 100% on plan before thinking about giving up and switching to another plan. I am not meaning to sound harsh in my comments, but to me it sounds as though you are making excuses. How much do you really want this? SW works - as hundreds of people on here have proved - you just need to commit to it. You get back what you put in.

On p26 healthy b choices only lists weeabix crunchy bran, weetabix choc minis and weetabix choc spoonsize. It doesnt mention just normal weetabix. On p58 however it clearly states 2 plain weetabix 6.5 syns EE plan. Also i had already used my healthy b option anyway. As for for recipes no i havnt looked through the the thousands on line as i said i only started today and to be honest with a 7 month old i havnt got the time to sit and look through them all.
I did however try the pasta with chopped tomatoes garlic and herbs and it wasnt great! Just saying.

I am confused.

How did you use 6 Syns on Weetabix? You get two as a Healthy B choice. So unless you had 4, you hadn't used any Syns.

I never ever use shop bought sauces, as like you I like to use my Syns for treats, and I never find my food bland or boring. It always has loads of flavour. You say you are only on day one, so have you actually tried any SW recipes yet? You can easily make a creamy tomato bake sauce by using chopped tomatoes or passatta, garlic, chilli, mixed herbs and some quark or low fat natural yogurt. Totally Syn free and packed with loads of flavour. Have you tried looking through the SW website, magazine or the recipe forum on here for ideas? I don't understand how you can think SW "doesn't allow for flavour" if you are only on day 1, and have therefore probably not tried many of the thousands of recipes out there.

So you had a couple of little treats, I'd guess around 20 Syns at most for the mini mars bars and corner yogurt. Big deal. You're allowed up to 15 per day, which is 105 over the week. Work out how many you have used today and subtract it from the 105 total - then you will know how many you have left overall for the week and you can alter your daily allowance to suit.

One thing's for sure, it definitely won't be a "lifestyle change" if you haven't even attemped one day 100% on plan before thinking about giving up and switching to another plan. I am not meaning to sound harsh in my comments, but to me it sounds as though you are making excuses. How much do you really want this? SW works - as hundreds of people on here have proved - you just need to commit to it. You get back what you put in.

Totally agree with everything here. I have a baby plus a toddler and I work so I am very busy! But SW slots into my life and I enjoy making healthy SW meals from scratch that the whole family can enjoy. I don't spend hours in the kitchen either - many SW recipes are very quick and simple as well as yummy.. It's a lifestyle change for sure but it's worth it and the plan is v easy once you get your head around it. Good luck to you!

What did you use your healthy b on? You said you only had wetabix?

I am only on my 3rd week have a full time job and a toddler and find this diet so much easier then ww. When you get 5 mins look at the recipie thread on here write some down and give them a go they are very quick and easy trust me. Also try and plan what you are eating in advance rather then eat and work out syns ect afterwards if you can. Once you get your head round it you will see how easy it is. Good luck

On p26 healthy b choices only lists weeabix crunchy bran, weetabix choc minis and weetabix choc spoonsize. It doesnt mention just normal weetabix. On p58 however it clearly states 2 plain weetabix 6.5 syns EE plan. Also i had already used my healthy b option anyway. As for for recipes no i havnt looked through the the thousands on line as i said i only started today and to be honest with a 7 month old i havnt got the time to sit and look through them all.
I did however try the pasta with chopped tomatoes garlic and herbs and it wasnt great! Just saying.

You'll need to look at page 28 at the 'grab and go' section - 2 weetabix - they are your HEXB on EE (these are the bog standard ones not the large chocolate ones or any other flavoured ones, which are synned). Hope that helps.

I joined sw yesterday, and officially started it today.....and ive already fallen off! :0/ i had weetabix for breakfast as it was a suggested breakfast, then i find i have used 6 syns on fricken weetabix!!!! Grrr! Then i was planningon having either pasta bake or chilli chicken for dinner tonight but the sauce (which is not creamy) takes up the entire rest if my syns!!! I wanted to use my syns for choc or something sweet as that tends to be my downfall so i thought if i allow for them i should stay on track. Its great that sw allows for so many free foods but it doesnt really allow for flavour unless u only use tomatos and herbs/spices......for every meal.
I was so p.o with the stupid weetabix syns and was already desparate for something sweet so i ate 2 fun size mars bars and a corner yoghert. Well over my syns!!! And on day 1!!!!
Was so geared up to do this as i had heatd lots of gd things but i just thnk its unrealistic. I really cant see it being a life change rather then a diet. Not a happy bunny at all. :eek:/ may go back to ww.

I think that once you fully get your head around the plan, you will be fine. For people who have been following SW for a while, it's easy to forget how difficult it was to completely understand the plan. Have you joined a group? If so, sit through the new members' talk at your next meeting. When i first started SW, I was a bit resentful that I couldn't have some of my favourite foods without using up loads of syns- eg white bread and bagels! But I have adjusted and eat those things occasionally as a treat. Give it a bit longer, and you'll soon get the hang of it!

Agree with everything Princess Stevie says, also agree with Lardylady, you only get out of the plan what you put into it. Planning and preparing is key to the plan and if you haven't got time or can't be bothered, maybe the plan isn't for you.

Don't worry! Like anything with lots of new rules(driving, etc) it takes practice and you need to make mistakes as you learn, as this cements your knowledge. I know it's frustrating when something that seems straightforward turns out to be trickier than it seems.

Also first days are difficult. Sw helps you becomes more adventurous cook. But it requires a full spice rack, other equipment and recipe bank that gets built up gradually.

I suggest you plan in a free fry up tomorrow! Using fry light spray. Eggs, trimmed bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms...heap your plate, enjoy it, then plan s free lunch/ tea... I like chilli and rice. Muller lights are great for sweet cravings. I bet you could go tmra with no syns or very low without suffering, and reset the balance for this week.

Good luck!

I agree with what the others have said. Maybe take a few mins to re read your book, as weetabix are definitely a heB! Also I disagree with your comment that SW don't allow for flavour! If you look at the recipe subforum there are literally thousands of ideas of things to make. If you want to make a SW friendly version of your fave meal, maybe type into google 'Sw chilli chicken' for example, and I'm 99% certain that someone somewhere will have created one! Please don't write of the plan after not even giving it a proper go! It can seem overwhelming to a newbie, but just get your head round what you can have and you'll do great! Also make the most of the support minis has to offer :) good luck x

To me you sound like you are making excuses as to why you can't stick to it, there are plenty of people on here with kids that are toddling or still in nappies and they have lost shed loads. SW is a lot more free reign than WW if you allow yourself to find alternative ways to make your meals. You've been on it one day and already gave in because of one small problem you met, just shows your heart really isn't in it to me. In my humble opinion for you to get anywhere with SW I think you need to change your attitude and think more positively less you are going to get nowhere.

I don't really think it's fair to put down the plan when you've only tried it for one day.

It sounds like you just need to read and do things properly. Looks like you've not going by your post.

Weetabix is free as a healty extra. Make your own syn free sauce easily and quickly. SW encourages cooking from scratch and from someone who has never cooked from scratch I've found it very easy to start, if I can do it anyone can!

If you'd had a muller yoghurt instead of a corner it would have been free. Kit kats and curly wurlys are better than a mars bar. You'd have stayed well within your syns if you'd read the book/looked at the website/asked here before you ate the wrong things.

It's not opinion SW works, it's fact, it's worked for a very long time because it's simple healthy eating. I'm guessing ww didn't work for you if you decided to try sw so it may be that you're not reading how to do the plan properly rather than the 'diet' not working. be

Besides, the 1st day is the most common to slip, it's still new, you've not got your head round it all yet, it can take a few days to get used to it. If you're not a troll then read your book, maybe go to a group, and make the right choices with your food and you will lose weight.

Hope u are still giving SW a go....it is tricky when u first try to plan your days.

If you are following extra easy, just plan your a and b choices and syns. Then fill up on your free foods x

Hi can I just join in here. I cannot agree with you when you say its not a lifestyle change. I have been at target 18 months now, staying within 1-2lb in weight, and weigh in every week as I help on the social team. I'm not saying its easy, I do have to count my syns still, but as you go along your journey it becomes easier as you understand the plan and buying s w friendly food becomes very much second nature. As for the sauces etc, as others have said you can make them as flavoursome as you want. I love chilli, so stick that in a lot of things. Tonight I am making a pasta sauce with onions (diced frozen ones for quickness),passata,tinned toms, and mushrooms. Bung them altogether with basil or herbs of your choice and within 10 mins you have a fresh, syn free, and very tasty sauce to go over pasta or a base for other meals. If you froze some you could save even more time. It just takes a little thinking about but I am sure as time goes on you will find it becomes easier. It does take commitment and hard work but 2st 7lbs down the line I think it has been so worthwhile. The plan does work if you put in the effort. :)

I often have weetabix, the two normal ones they're my healthy B. I assure you using n it as the healthy b means you don't count syns :) Put time into SW and you will see amazing fantastic results!

Hey chick!

This reminds me of my first couple of days so much! Not understanding the plan makes it seem impossible but trust me, it will work! It's also surprising how quickly certain aspects become a way of life eg always using frylight, always going for wholemeal bread etc.

If you use the SW website it has a list of everything that counts as a Healthy Extra A or B. keep reading the book as I still find new things in it 10 months later! Follow a couple of diaries for ideas and like somebody suggested earlier, google your fave meals and a SW version will probably come up.

Ask on here chick, we're all pretty friendly and happy to help. People are just very loyal to the plan that has changed their lives, we want to convert you to Team SW!

If there's any questions I can help with I'm more than happy to xx

It happens us all - it's new, it's overwhelming and you just wanna lose weight!

I think as others have said, you just need to begin with really understanding the plan. There's a great forum sticky on here that helps if you want to check it out (I know it helped me!) - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

There is also a recipe and meal planner book you get at your first visit to group, it might be a good idea to stick to that for the first week, making meals like-for-like out of it just to keep yourself right and until you get your head around the plan.

Image Therapy at your first few group meetings will be invaluable too for picking up hints and tips. Don't be afraid to explain to the group where you feel you're struggling too - you're all there to support each other.

I really hope you don't give up - weight loss is a journey and in my experience SW makes it one of the healthiest, tastiest and most exciting!

Good luck! x

Back