Falling off the diet :(

Hi Ladies (and gents)

So yesterday I had a little slip off SW. There was a buffet at work and stupidly id brought no lunch. I ended up having a few samosas, onion bhaji’s (dipped in garlic/chive dip), crisps and tuna mayo sandwiches. Not a lot but enough to know id gone way over my syns :(

I felt so guilty afterwards. Yes the food tasted nice but I worried that id undo all the work I’d done over the last few weeks. My weigh-in is Monday and im determined that im not going to put on. So far i’ve eat my body weight in fruit esp Melon and raspberries, and im sticking to around 5 syns aday too.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they have any tips to help it not show on the scales xx

I think it has happened to most of us at some point - planning really is the key!

As for tips you sound like you are already on the right track, cut back on syns until weigh in to try and compensate and fill up on superfree food. And what is done is done, chalk it up to experience and carry on!

Keep us posted on the weigh in!

Hi Ladies (and gents)

So yesterday I had a little slip off SW. There was a buffet at work and stupidly id brought no lunch. I ended up having a few samosas, onion bhaji’s (dipped in garlic/chive dip), crisps and tuna mayo sandwiches. Not a lot but enough to know id gone way over my syns :(

I felt so guilty afterwards. Yes the food tasted nice but I worried that id undo all the work I’d done over the last few weeks. My weigh-in is Monday and im determined that im not going to put on. So far i’ve eat my body weight in fruit esp Melon and raspberries, and im sticking to around 5 syns aday too.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they have any tips to help it not show on the scales xx

Hi hun, one afternoon going off plan won't undue all of your hard work. Start today/tomorrow as a completely fresh day, use yesterday as a reason to stick to plan 100% this week and most of all, make sure you attend group this week (even if you have a small gain) it will only encourage you to get back on track. If I could give you any advice, I would suggest planning your meals for the next week (I always find this really helps me get back on track).
Don't be too hard on yourself, we all deserve a treat every now and again:)

just look forward from that. keep to plan, eat lots Superfree, you could of used that bad day as a flexy syn day. you my still be ok :)

thanks ladies :) i have heard alot of people saying that planning for the week helps them so im going to start doing that. i'll let you know how Monday's weight in goes :) x x

Hi Ladies (and gents)

It wont show if you jump back on the diet as soon as possible. We all slip. In the past you probably always ate like that. Having a slip wont undo all your good work. Everyone has one of those moments.

i just worried as this is only my 4th week - but im determined. Wow Gazter you have done so well! 6 stone!

i just worried as this is only my 4th week - but im determined. Wow Gazter you have done so well! 6 stone!

thanks... but it can be a lot easier to lose loads, when you have loads to lose, then to lose a little when you dont have much.

Me three!! I had chocolate brownie and custard last night. The brownie itself was about 17syns! It wasn't worth it, so disappointing!! 100% back on plan today though!

I went off track spectacularly last night...wine tasting at work (I work in a restaurant) and this turned into a full on night out with a takeaway on the way home! Doh! Been very good today though x

Oh dear, i work as a waitress part time in the evenings and we have a new menu tasting on Monday night. Im just not going, i have my weigh in right after and its sooooo not worth it.

Its nice to know im not the only one out there who goes a little off track sometimes :) x

Just wanted to let you know that i lost 3lb last night! Im so chuffed, eating all that fruit and veg really helped :) x

Well I've had a shocking week this week and not looking forward to the scales tonight at all. I haven't had a single day on plan this week, but if I'm proud of one thing this week it's this - I went to Tesco this morning and bought 2 pan au chocolate for my breakfast. I got to work and looked in the bag and thought to myself, "no, I need to stop this". They got thrown straight in the bin. No matter how big my gain is tonight I will just embrace it, draw a big fat line and move on. I have worked so hard to get where I am today and I'm not going to just throw it all away x

Back