Falling off the mini's/SW wagon

jaylou

Gold Member
Morning all,
This thread was prompted by something Hellie posted in my diary and I have to say I agree with her.

Now the thought is this, if you feel you are not following the plan properly and are sliding off the SW wagon, do you not come on here as much? Do you find coming on here keeps you on plan?

I must admit, I don't normally come on here from Friday to Monday, maybe just for 5 mins, but I don't really do my food diaries and I don't write my thoughts down and it's then that I start to slide.

I really really think this site helps me stay on track. This week I am going to write absolutely everything down that I eat in my food diary. Every little thing and I hope it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Your thoughts guys and gals? ;)

I totally agree...
i deffinatly come on here more when i'm doing well, i know it keeps me on track and i like knowing i might be helping someone else.. but there are times when im dissapinted in myself for not doing so well and i know deep down i'd feel so much more better if i just come on and share, with people who know exactly what im going through.

xx

I agree with you both and weirdly enough was thinking this myself last night!

I am getting really fed up with my stagnant phase atm, and though I am on here daily, I am not on as much as usual because of work/home being so busy.

Though I am not off-plan, my enthusiasm is at an all time low. I think this is a combination of the fact I am fed up with the lack of good losses (my weight has been around this same mark for nearly 2 months) and the fact I don't get as much time on here these days.

So in short, yes, I think this forum really helps with keeping us going. When my losses were going great, I was on here all the time and I felt fantastic. Not only was I feeling good, I was enjoying seeing others doing so well and giving help to others who needed it.

Right now I seriously feel like poo about my weight and the fact it just isn't moving! I feel like I can't be as supportive as I like to be because I don't feel in that happy place myself.

So thank you for this thread, and thanks to Hellie for the gentle bum kick to get me back in my place :)

Also, I think that complacency plays a part. I found I 'slowed' my efforts once people started pouring the compliments out. It boosted my confidence and I took a breath...and now my confidence is lower than it was before the losses - talk about a viscious circle!!

Thanks guys xxx

I dont come on at the weekends as I rarely get the time, but I do keep a food diary at home that I write in every day regardless.
I admit that when I wasnt doing well; I have avoided coming on here...well at least posting as I feel too negative about anything to post anything motivating for anyone else when I cant do it for myself. Thankfully thats gone and I can go back to posting again!! Lol.

...well at least posting as I feel too negative about anything to post anything motivating for anyone else when I cant do it for myself.

Exactly how I feel atm! Glad you got your mojo back though Mrs V xxx

This forum is my lifeline as I don't go to a class - so I post here every day, it keeps me motivated and on focus - and I have made so many lovely friends here too.

I also fill in my food diary every single day and have done since day one, it's good to be able to read other food diaries too, I've never started a diary where I put my thoughts down daily, maybe I should start....

I've never attended a class either, so this board is essential reading for me. It's my only source of finding out syn values, for instance, and there are so many tips you pick up from reading other members' posts. I'd be lost without it, in that sense.

I've never kept a diary though and still don't really know anyone here to talk to on a personal level, so I don't stay away if I'm having a 'treading water' phase. I read the board most days, even if I'm not posting.

Thanks for the namecheck! :D

I feel similarly to you lot! When I'm doing well and focused, I am a total minis addict. I post, I help others and generally be an active minis community member.
When I am going a little bit off the wagon, I feel rather embarrassed about coming here and helping people - like a bit of a hypocrite for not doing it myself, so how can I dish out advice when I'm not following it? And then it's a vicious circle. I come here less (although I still read quite a bit when I can) which means I feel less 'on the wagon' and I let things slip more, which leads to more food guilt and even less minis time...etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.

This usually results in a long, moany, self-indulgent post, lots of kicks up the bum for you lovely people who allow me my rants, and then me getting my head back in the zone and back onto ye olde wagon!

^^That's the spirit^^

See this is why I come on here, you lovely lot. Keep me on the straight and narrow. xx

hey my bessy friend.... :D
I was thinking this too, just this morning.... Donnie, if you start a diary, then so will I.
:)

This forum is my lifeline as I don't go to a class - so I post here every day, it keeps me motivated and on focus - and I have made so many lovely friends here too.

I also fill in my food diary every single day and have done since day one, it's good to be able to read other food diaries too, I've never started a diary where I put my thoughts down daily, maybe I should start....

its nice to hear how this forum really helps people stay on track :) i am the same i do no get on here that often (no internet at work and generally too busy at weekends) its just if i have a weekday off or the OH is busy and i get some time to myself.

Lovely bunch of people on here always eager to encourage and give advice where needed and just help generally! Always so positive as well and never came across anyone nasty whereas some internet forums are very cliquey (sp?)

I do not go to class either so find if i am fed up with poor losses, or need recipe inspiration or whatever I can find it here! Thought before about joining a class but really I think everything I need is here! Thanks girls (and guys lol)

XX

Totally agree!!

I havent been around for a few weeks have had loads of other things on my mind so SW has slipped back a bit! I dont feel as positive and i dont post as much as i dont want to affect anyone elses motivation!!!
I am not going to say i will be 100% this week but i will be trying!! And probably lurking in the background!!

Yep, I'm the same! I've had a rubbish week or two and trying to get back on track so I've not been posting as much or coming on and reading as much. I think it goes hand in hand!

I'm going to get back on the wagon this week as I only have 6 more WIs til America and want to get another half stone off!

I have avoided coming on here...well at least posting as I feel too negative about anything to post anything motivating for anyone else when I cant do it for myself.

I know how you feel Mrs V, but remember negativity breeds negativity. Maybe we should all try and have a glass half full instead of empty at all times no matter how down we feel. Easier said than done I know, but even a post about the sun being out is positive and is a start to lifting moods. Its good you have your mojo back cos I love reading your posts, so much sense said in them.

And Helli,

"I feel similarly to you lot! When I'm doing well and focused, I am a total minis addict. I post, I help others and generally be an active minis community member.
When I am going a little bit off the wagon, I feel rather embarrassed about coming here and helping people - like a bit of a hypocrite for not doing it myself, so how can I dish out advice when I'm not following it? And then it's a vicious circle. I come here less (although I still read quite a bit when I can) which means I feel less 'on the wagon' and I let things slip more, which leads to more food guilt and even less minis time...etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.
This usually results in a long, moany, self-indulgent post, lots of kicks up the bum for you lovely people who allow me my rants, and then me getting my head back in the zone and back onto ye olde wagon! "

thats exactly why we need each other, we have all felt like you and for some reason feel embarassed etc, but why, we are like minded people, going through exactly the same emotions, struggling from time to time and thats when we need each others support more than ever. We all know we come out of these dark phases sooner or later, but with everyones help and support it can be sooner. If we are feeling a little out of sorts, it shouldn't mean we cann't offer good advice even if we aren't doing ourselves, that advice can mean so much to someone else and help them along in their journey.

Lets all try and use minimins for the reason its here, to support each other through the bad times and then we can all share in the good times too.

Stacey I was thinking about your earlier hun!! Stick with it, not long to go now chick. xx

Awww thanks hun! I've just had some personal stuff going on and it's just been too easy to eat chocolate and crap for comfort rather than trying to resist it! :break_diet:

However, this week I'm going to channel my need for comfort eating into doing some exercise and am determined to stick with plan 100%. I NEED my 6.5st award before Christmas!!!!

I've not been on here coz i slipped but now i'm back...and trying to captain the Angels...hopefully that'll make me too embarrassed to fall off the wagon!

I'm guilty too and could have posted any of the above threads. I feel a fraud if I post a motivating and positive thread when I feel the complete opposite. Like Donnie, I don't go to class so I find this forum a lifeline for lots of reasons but especially for the encouragement and motivation that is freely given on here. It is such a fantastic forum and I would be so lost without it! *group hug* xx

Back