Falling off the wagon... a useful analogy that may stop the rot!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
I came across this today in an article and thought that I'd share:

In order to be successful in our weight loss endeavours we need to let go of the 'All of Nothing' mentality; Rationalising one or two diet slip ups, with "I've blown it, might as well keep going downhill" doesn't make any sense... think of it like this:

If you got a speeding ticket would you spend the rest of your day breaking every other traffic law you could think of? Of course not!

Any we shouldn't think about food that way either. Accept your mishap, learn from and just get right back to doing what we know we need to do!

It really struck a cord with me... and if it helps anyone else, I'm glad I shared!!

That's really helpful, thanks.

A member on here said that if we dropped our phone we wouldn't then smash it up would we? We'd just pick it up and carry on :)

I came across this today in an article and thought that I'd share:

In order to be successful in our weight loss endeavours we need to let go of the 'All of Nothing' mentality; Rationalising one or two diet slip ups, with "I've blown it, might as well keep going downhill" doesn't make any sense... think of it like this:

If you got a speeding ticket would you spend the rest of your day breaking every other traffic law you could think of? Of course not!

Any we shouldn't think about food that way either. Accept your mishap, learn from and just get right back to doing what we know we need to do!

It really struck a cord with me... and if it helps anyone else, I'm glad I shared!!

I think that's so true! It's like I'm away this week and then 10 Days later I go again, the old me might not of bothered in the 10 days but I'm definitely going back on the Wagon for those 10 days! X

Thats a good one.

I heard another similar line which I try to keep in mind

If you had a bouquet of 7 beautiful roses and one died would you throw the other 6 away? The answer is likely to be no, so why would you let one "bad" day be the cause to throw the remainder of the week away?

Thats a good one.

I heard another similar line which I try to keep in mind

If you had a bouquet of 7 beautiful roses and one died would you throw the other 6 away? The answer is likely to be no, so why would you let one "bad" day be the cause to throw the remainder of the week away?

Love that one!!! X

Back