Falling off the wagon - Help!!

helenmcloughlin92

This is my second time doing slimming world - did it for around six months last year before my holiday and had brilliant results. But now that I've come back to do it I'm struggling this time. Although the meals are good, I'm always left wanting something else afterwards and can't seem to find any desserts that are quick & easy to make! Really don't want to fall off the wagon after my first week back.

Any ideas for good, filling main meals and also some quick, easy, yummy desserts would be so so helpful!!

Keep at it

I know exactly what you mean! I returned last year and it has been really slow progress, but at least I am over a stone lighter than I was this time last year. There are lots of recipes on here and I have particularly enjoy slimming world chips - so easy and just as tasty as normal chips without the grease, and not as dry as normal oven chips. I have also become addicted to slimming world chicken liver pate - which I use as a dip with carrots.

I'm not too sure about desserts - I tend to eat a lot of muller lights and lots of fruit. The Onken yoghurts are also free and very tasty - make sure you get the light ones.

Good luck, you have taken the hardest step by rejoining.

At the moment I'm loving frozen muller lights and have today put some grapes and banana in the freezer too :)

You could make up a sugar free jelly and put sliced fruit in and top with yogurt. Make a huge fruit salad with chopped fruit and diet lemonade (or any low cal alternative) Slice some pineapple and put skewers in and freeze and have them as lollys. Syn free pancakes with fruit and yogurt/fromage frais or syn free icecream made with muller lights and fromage frais. Chocolate cous cous (mix with options 2 syns each) or there are lots of cakes and pud recipes on here :D

Meringue nests are great and only about 2.5 syns. Fill them with mullerlight and/or fruit. A squirt of low fat scream on it isn't many syns either. Very quick and easy. Sometimes I just eat them on their own, I really like the Tesco finest ones as they are chewy in the middle.

Back