Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Family bbq today.....

Discussion in 'Rosemary Conley' started by Sez, 23 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Went to a family bbq today, and it was TOUGH!! Havent told them I am on yet another diet as far too embarrased, so I just hoped they wouldnt notice!

I wasnt perfect but this is what I had, hope not too grim...

Lots raw veg with tiny (honest) taste of houmus.

Roasted veg (with olive oil, homemade, not dripping in oil), 1 grilled homemade burger (she uses low fat mince), tomato salad with anchovy, garlic, olives and balsamic vinegar.

I drank two cans diet coke and coffee, and avoided the homemade key lime pie, the amazing home made tiramisu, the chocolate frosted cup cakes and the homemade easter biscuits.:(

i know I prob over did the fat, but it was olive oil and not buttery type fat. What do you think? I really dont want to blow this!:confused: I did try hard, honest.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    You did well on your choices. Don't worry too much, just do extra exercise and drink a lot of water and you will be ok. One of the big things with BBQ's is not to eat the bread!!!

Well done

4. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds as though you were really good!

5. Backtoback

Backtoback Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I hope you enjoyed it!!

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I did actually! In fact I am beginning to be of the opinion that this is one of the best diets I have been on, and let me tell you, there have been quite a few!! I am enjoying the portion control as that really is my issue, as well as the "low fat" thing. I hope this isnt just a honeymoon period and that this good vibe lasts.

7. Cloggy

Cloggy Mostly Harmless

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well done Sez :party0011: it sounds like you did OK.

I had a bbq yesterday as well, luckily being the host I could make sure there was enough stuff in for myself (although others brought stuff as well). I ate lots of salad and had steak tartare, whilst the others had burgers. I did have a brown bap which wasn't really allowed :eek:
    One of the other couples brought some shrimp skewers, of which they had left 2 unmarinated for me, it tasted almost as good with some garlic powder, salt, paprika powder and a quick squirt of fry light on it :eating:.
    I left the chicken satay skewers (popular in holland), as these were marinated and served with a peanut sauce :eek:
    Had a lovely fresh fruit salad to top it off.
    I drank a couple of diet cokes

What I found the hardest part of all was not having a beer whilst everyone else (apart from the kids) were drinking :(

Last edited: 2 June 2010
  8. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Well done Cloggy, that really is determination. Hope the scales are extra nice to you this week

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan

Me too Cloggy!!! You deserve it!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.