Family Feasts book

I have been going through my new Family Feasts for a Fiver book, putting little bookmarks by the ones I want to try.

So far I have had Chicken Italiana, which was lovely, the meatloaf which was disappointing, and I have just made a slightly amended version of the Old-Fashioned Chicken Soup which was fantastic - I have put my amended recipe in the relevant section.

I am going to try the Spicy Rice-Filled Vegetables this weekend, and I will be making the soup again (I still have the other half of the celeriac to use up!) and I also want to try the Beef and Black Bean Chilli.

I think it is a lovely book, with loads of great ideas - and it was my special Easter present from my sister (who is a SW consultant).

i might purchase this this week, is it all recipes to feed four people? cause we're just the two of us, but i guess i can just cut the ingredients in half right? or make lots and freeze it!

Yes, the recipes are for four, but most of them are easily adaptable - just halve the ingredients. If you do a lot of freezing (I don't) then it should be fairly obvious which recipes are suitable.

There should be a display copy at your class so you can look through it and decide whether it is worth your while to buy it. As I mentioned, mine was a present, but I would have been happy to buy it anyway!

thank you! i LOVE a cookery book, so i bet i'll get it! i have the extra easy, original, green and another so far! hahaha!

Back