Family Feasts on a budget

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
Had a look at the newest SW recipe book, "Family Feasts on a budget", and it looked very good.

Some of the recipes are featured in the October magazine too.

Had a look at the newest SW recipe book, "Family Feasts on a budget", and it looked very good.

Some of the recipes are featured in the October magazine too.

That sounds good, I will have to get one.
My whole family are on SW they just don't know it!

I'm cooking the beef kofta kebabs for dinner this evening, but having salad, roasted baby peppers and red onions instead of the spiced potatoes

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wasn't impressed with the beef koftas!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wasn't impressed with the beef koftas! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh no, why Lynne?

The paprika pork was tasty but really watery? I followed the recipe to the letter so not sure why? It didn't look anything like the picture in the book :(

Attachments

• image-1424272457.jpg
    image-1424272457.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 203
Oh no, why Lynne?

The paprika pork was tasty but really watery? I followed the recipe to the letter so not sure why? It didn't look anything like the picture in the book :(

I just thought they were tasteless, and could have done with much more spicing, so that they didn't taste of mince, if you know what I mean. Perhaps the spiced potatoes were meant to give it the flavour?

And yes, that does look watery, but I have found that with quite a few of the SW recipes. :(

I made the pasticcio last night and it was delicious. I would highly recommend it, my 2 fussy kids ate it with no complaints too.

I made the pasticcio last night and it was delicious. I would highly recommend it, my 2 fussy kids ate it with no complaints too.

What a coincidence, I've made this today too! What a huge huge amount it has made!

I had a little spoonful and it tasted great, currently got my 2 and eldests friend tucking in and all positive so far! xx

I've got the book and planning on using some of the recipes this month. So are I've tried two:

The salt and pepper fish & chips - this was really nice. I used pouting rather than cod though as it's less than half the price! Will definitely make again but would make the breadcrumbs much finer than I did this time. I didn't do the tartare sauce to go with it as I didn't have any fromage frais in the fridge.

The colcanon cottage pie - it was OK but not anything special. Would do it again if I had some leftover cabbage to use up but wouldn't buy cabbage specifically to do it.

Planning on doing the Cauliflower Dansk tonight and the Baked meatballs tomorrow night.

I'm actually doing a challenge to try everything in the book but there are a couple that I won't bother with (those using Quorn mince as neither DH nor I like it).

Denise

Back