Family Over For Tea - Need Ideas

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tilly_Doll, 24 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Tilly_Doll

Tilly_Doll Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey Guys - Hows you all doing?

I need your help! I am having my boyfriends brother, wife and son over for Tea on Thurs night and i cant think of what to make SW style! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    I used to make chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with laughing cow cheese and mushrooms. That way you can all eat the same and no-one see's it as diet food. Accompany with a healthy potato option or a salad.

4. xnatalie81x

xnatalie81x Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Going for red or green.............

5. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Hi there

Not sure how much time you have to cook, but on extra easy you can have spag bol and salad, or if you have a bit more time roast chicken, carrot and swede mash, regular mash, veg. A nice chilli con carne with with rice or jacket potato. Here's a SW recipe for chicken and bacon pasta bake which sounds nice

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With Success Express meals Green and Original Free Foods can be enjoyed together in the same meal, which means favourites such as this chicken pasta bake can be made for Free or with very few Syns!

Serves: 5
    Syns per serving:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2½ Syns Original, Green[/FONT][/FONT] and Extra Easy

[​IMG] 1 white onion
    1 red pepper
    1 green pepper
    1 clove garlic
    ½ chicken bouillon cube-dissolved in boiling water
    Frylight
    142ml skimmed milk
    35g cornflour
    2x227g chicken fillets
    227g gammon steak
    212g dried pasta
    100g very low fat natural yogurt
    2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
    1 level tbsp half fat crème fraiche

[​IMG] [​IMG] 1. Finely dice the onion, peppers and crush the garlic. Dissolve the ½ chicken bouillon cube with the boiling water.
    2. Fry the onions, garlic and peppers in a large pan, sprayed with Frylight. Add the chicken stock and the skimmed milk; bring almost to the boiling point.
    3. Mix the cornflour with a small amount of cold water then add to the pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until the sauce is thickened and season.
    4. Meanwhile chop the chicken and the gammon into cubes, dry fry then add to the sauce. Leave to simmer whilst cooking the pasta in salted boiling water until just cooked.
    5. Drain the pasta and then add to the sauce along with the natural yogurt, chopped chives and the crème fraiche.
    6. Heat through gently then place in a warmed serving dish. Serve with a green salad that fills two thirds of your plate.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

6. rosinakathleen

rosinakathleen Big, busty and Blowsy!

Start Weight:
    24st6lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    why not go for good old steak and (sw) chips? with a salad! Then a lovely fruit loaf, just dump a box of frozen fruit in a loaf tin, and make up a strawb. jelly, pour over until it just cover the fruit, and leave to set in the fridge! then slice into portions, and serve with mullerlite poured over. Easy peasy, and all free on EE!

7. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I would go extra easy and have spag bol, or a roast. For desert i would have meringue nests with whipped cream and strawberries, except you have total yoghurt mixed with sweetner. Nobody will know the difference and your meringue nests are only 2 syns each x

8. Tilly_Doll

Tilly_Doll Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey thanks so much for your ideas, its really helped me!! I could go for either green or red! The chicken pasta bake sounds fab and i am off work that day so il have plenty of time too cook! Thanks again guys! xx

9. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Stacey uk has recently posted a lovely lasangne reciepe on the recipes thread. You could do a lovely big salad and garlic bread for those not on sw

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.