Family Visit

mia_angel

Silver Member
My sister in law is coming to visit in April for a few days. I'm quite organised so i want to start thinking about what meals to make in the evenings. (We will be out and about during the day but i will have to find something suitable for lunch times)

They do eat healthy food when we visit, but i dont want to give them SW food juut because i am eating it.....any ideas what i can make to maybe suit all of us. Or maybe i should just make myself something different?

:confused:

There is no need to do anything different for yourself. There are lots of SW friendly recipes which you can give you your guests and they probably won't even know the difference, particularly with something like a SW curry and rice. You could give your guests naan bread and/or poppadoms but not have them yourself if you wanted to.

Denise

I agree - SW meals are just normal meals and suitable for the entire family. You wouldn't even need to tell them it is a "SW meal" because they are just ordinary, healthy meals no different to what any other person might eat. So check out the recipe sub-forum and just pick something that takes your fancy.

The lemon and garlic chicken from the current SW magazine is delicious and easy, and I don't think anyone would know it was a syn-free recipe if you didn't tell them.

I often cook SW stuff for friends and family, they have never said anything other than how nice it tastes. I think if you make something other than SW Chips for mains it is virtually impossible to tell it's SW.

What about a huge lasagne and serve with salad and garlic bread (for your guests) or a nice cannelloni. Check our Britmums fantastic website called slimming eats ... some of the recipes on there are absolutely lovely .... Dont tell your guests that its SW food, I bet they will never guess ..... Good luck xxxxx

Back