Fao: Dancing or anyone who's swapped to CD

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sappho, 28 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Sappho

Sappho Full Member

Hi, I am seriously thinking about swapping to CD after 100 days abstinence mainly due to cost. I just wondered does it make a difference not having the councilling after 100 days and how easy is the management side of things without LL or can you go back for management. Does it make it harder if you swap? Thank you :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi there.

this is interesting. In terms of doing cambridge instead of development, I recommend cambridge.

For management, lately I've been thinking about swapping back to LL to do the RtM rather than working up the eating plans cambridge has. Cambridge's plans focus on educating in low GI/meal sizes and will work for some but I think I personally would benefit from a more controlled reintroduction of food and observing how different foods may trigger me off into a binge, etc.

My problem will be finding a LLC near me. I'm also not sure how it works - whether or not I can just slot into a RtM group or if I have to do the returners thingame (I haven't explored it yet).

Feel free to ask me more questions and I'll do my best to answer them
  4. Sappho

Sappho Full Member

Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking - swapping to CD for development and then back to LL for management but I am not sure if I can do that or if I will have to start from day one again with LL, which means I would still have to have a BMI over 30.

I defo think the LL managment is the important bit and I dont want to miss out on that.

I was also thinking about if CD would be hard because of having no meetings but I am not sure what the LL development meetings entail?
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

re. having to start LL again - not from my understanding, once you sign up you sign up for life (so to speak). The only question is whether they would want you to do the returner session(s) (think that is what it is called). You wouldn't need to have bmi over 30

As for difficulty doing development without the counselling. First thing, is to make sure you get a good CDC who will be there for you and do more than just sell you your packs and maybe measure you/weigh you when you ask them. There are some extremely good ones out there and you will get an idea of what they are like from how they respond to any questions you have when you first contact them.

I can only speak about LL developers meetings from the information I've seen posted here and another site. I didn't get a good impression but hopefully someone will give more information. Reports were along the lines of: not really any counselling, just a bit of a gossip, talk about how we had cheated, nothing different to the foundation classes, etc, etc.

Maybe one of us should get in touch with an LLC to ask about how we would go about returning to LL to do RTM. Then we will know for sure
  6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Personally, I think LL's RTM is fantastic and can't recommend it enough - so if you CAN swap back on to it - then I would!!
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i know that we can it is just the process involved I'm not sure about. And finding a LLC - that is the more difficult part but not impossible.
  8. Daisydee

Hi Dancing

These are questions that I thought of posting to local CD counsellors.What do you think?

Daisydee :)

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

did i miss something daisydee? where are the questions?
  10. Daisydee

Oops! - thought there was something missing!

-How long have you been a CD Counsellor and what is your personal experience of the CD programme?
    -How do you structure your support sessions, how long do they last and are they by appointment?
    -Do you run your sessions from home and in which area are you located?
    -Do you have any particular expectations of your clients who are following the CD programme?

Daisydee :sign0007:
  11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

sounds good to me.

re. how long the support sessions are - see if they say anything about frequency too. My CDC said she thinks it is important to see people weekly as it helps people keep on track, etc, etc. It wasn't compulsory, but she felt it would be more beneficial (I thought that was a sign that she cares about how well people do rather than just selling the packs).

Good luck
  12. Daisydee

Thanks Dancing

I will e-mail a few counsellors tonight and let you know the results. I have some LL packs that can give me a start which I hoep to do next week and then continue with CD.

Daisydee x
  13. Daisydee

By the way - my sister lived in Auckland for a couple of years and had a wonderful time there!

I have a friend who si on an extended trip there at present and a colleague who is off there in May. I am not surprised that you want to return.

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I've got info. re returning to LLC after being on CD:

Can't return straight to RtM, have to do Refresher first.

Each refresher course consists of 4 modules and the LLC decides how many modules are needed based on the weight we still need to lose (so if we are at goal she couldn't make us do more than one and hopefully it wouldn't need to be 4 weeks)

I've got numbers for LLCs closest to me (none very close) and will call them re. this. I want to know if I should start the refresher one month prior to when I think I will be at goal as I don't want to delay starting to RtM. I'll have to phrase my question so she doesn't think she can get a bit of extra money out of me for refresher modules but instead does what is best for me.

Let me know if you are going to do the same Sappho
  15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

daisydee - did you ever get to NZ yourself?
  16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

bumping this so sappho sees it
  17. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

i did 11 weeks on LL and then swapped to CD. My group was going into developers and there's not really a structured counselling set up for that so I didn't feel I'd miss much. Also, I was strictly SSing and the group meetings were turning into a 'what i've eaten' session for everyone else! I am maintaining through eating low GI but not strictly according to the CD plans and have maintained my weight loss since last October. I think it's individual to everyone what is best for you. Hope you get on well whatever you decide?
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Sappho

Sappho Full Member

Well I have still got about 8 weeks of abstinence on LL then I am pretty set that I will swap to CD. I think I will prob leave it a few more weeks before I mention it to my councillor so it is a bit nearer the time. There are a few CDC near me so I will contact a couple. I have done CD before and my councillor was lovely but she was very busy and it was really a case of just being weighed every couple of weeks and picking up packs. I think I would need a bit more support this time.

Dancing, thanks for finding out about the refresher course, I think I would switch back to LL about half a stone from goal so I can hopefully just do a couple of refresher weeks before RTM.

I think the crucial thing will be the timing to make sure I have enough packs so there is no gap. Mind you, the first couple of weeks of LL I was only having 3 packs a day (took me a while to get used to it) so I have a few spare.

Thanks so much for the info, has really sorted my mind out, I was thinking I couldnt go back to LL without a high BMI!
  20. Sappho

Sappho Full Member

changed my mind, think I am going to switch over to CD asap. I have been thinking about it a lot since I started this thread and I think personally I would do better with one to one councilling as I am just not comfortable in a group setting. Plus money issues are starting to cause me a headache and the saving would help. I would like to do management with LL but will think about this nearer the time. I am contacting CDCs now to see if I can find someone I click with. Just a bit nervous about telling my LLC!
  21. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Cambridge Diet
    Sappho... everyone who dropped out previously told Chrissy and she was fine... if you're really worried... leave a message on the answerphone :D
  22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

really hope you find a quality CDC sappho. good luck
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.