Fashion question for the ladies!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Poppysparkle, 8 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Well, I know that there are a lot of fashionistas on the boards, so just need a bit of advice!

I am going out on a hen night next Saturday and have bought a whole new outfit, but need a dress for the wedding itself in April.

I'm actually unofficially 2 to 3 lb away from my goal weight, and add an extra couple of pounds for LL scales I've probably only got about 5lb to go. I'm looking on Ebay because I love a bargain, but don't know how the dresses will fit, one because I never buy dresses, and two, because I've never bought the makes I'm looking at. Because I've got so little left to lose, I can't do the usual and buy anyway and slim into them!

I fitted into a Warehouse size 12 tulip dress yesterday while out shopping, but I need to know if Karen Millen and Principles come up small or not, and what size I'd need??

I thought some of you that love fashion would be able to give me a brief summary of what shops sizes are tiny to help me compare??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    What a lovely dilemmma Poppy

BL is the Karen Millen expert. I just take a chance - have been pretty good at guessing so far.
    GOOD LUCK XX

4. Poppysparkle

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks SB! I'll wait for BL to come visit hopefully - the 'fashion' word in the question should tempt her in!! ;-)

I'm really looking forward to going out as I've not been out slim for literally years and years!! The last time I went out was November last year and I was still four stone overweight! Before that it was probably two years' ago - LITERALLY!!!! And I was still fat then! Slim night out?? Well I remember my hen night in the year 2000.......Jeez, I'm ready to live a little!

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yeah it's great

My husband keeps saying "How come your clothes are half the size they were yet they're taking up double the space they used to?" Theanswer is -got too much choice now!! Can't ever decide what to wear now - too much choice. It used to be black trousers or skirt, flat shoes ( no boots -didn't fit) which colour top, what fitted and din't look too bad.
    I cannot believe the change and you are looking so slim and lovely, well done. xx:p

6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I agree that KM do come up as quite a snug fit, especially on top although I would still take the same size as I would in other places. Principles come up pretty standard fit.

Have fun shopping!

x

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I found Karen Millen true to their size, and Principals on the leaner side! SO thats not much help at all!! :D

I'll find my Karen Millen jacket and try it on once hubbys awake (night shift tonight!) and will let you know.

Both pairs of jeans I bought got too big quickly! SO they are packed away as too nice to get rid of and will alter one day. :)

X

8. bali2001

bali2001 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    LLL
    i find KM bottoms true to size but the tops are on the small side (or perhaps my boobs too big) and principles good with there size, the same as next are good with their sizes

9. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    Eeek Clothes!! I'm running and hiding ........

10. Poppysparkle

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks you lot! Just won an Oasis dress in size 12 and also a lovely black Karen Millen lace edge dress, also in size 12, so we'll see! Crossing everything that I'll fit into one of them. The Karen Millen dress was an absolute bargain at less than £30 for a brand new dress too, so I really, really want that one to be 'THE dress!'

Appreciate all your help which helped me decide to go for it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.