Fasting and SW?

JanieJane84

Hey all,

Does anyone mix the twonplans together? I like the freedom of sw but am finding myself stalling and not losing.
I'm not sure if I can do the 5.2 without some restrictions on normal days and lose weight. I keep seeing positive stories and really need to do something about my weight now.

Hi, I am thinking about giving combination a go, I like the other benefits advertised by the 5:2 but know that if I am not being careful on the non-fasting days it really could spell disaster. I was thinking that I would fast Monday, SW on Tues and Wed, fast on Thursday, SW on Friday and then a more relaxed SW on Sat & Sun ( higher allowed syns)

I've just started doing this within moderation.
First week I had a bad weekend. Alcohol, takeaway, meal out. So was expecting a gain but infact lost 4.5lb!.
I weigh again on Tuesday .x

im doing this..dont get me wrong i love slimming world and have lost 3st 71/2 lb in just 20 weeks....but im so sluggish :( i had a fast yesterday of just under 500 cals...Ate tin tomatoes and mixed veg.fruit..today i had both my healthy a and b..I will do 2 fasting days this week.and see how i go..but like you said its mainly for the heath benefits...and i only stopped doing the 5-2 plan because my family couldn't get to grips with it...I Get weight on Wednesday at group so we will see :) Good luck xx

well with 1 fast day of 500 cal's i had a weight loss of 3 1/2lb :d so not much different in weight loss for me but felt much better in myself :D xx

well second week and i did 2 days of fasting 500 cals lost 1 1/2 lb this week.....so no dont think its going to help to much with the weight loss....but tummy feels sooooo much better :D

Just wanted to say well done on your weight loss and good to hear that your tummy is feeling better on fasting.

Did you lose most of your weight on Slimming world alone or a combination of SW and 5:2?

I didn't actually stick with this and as such haven't seen a proper loss forever. I'm thinking I'm gonna try again in January. I thought if I give myself a full month of two fasts and 5 sw days I'll get an accurate picture of how its going x

Back