Fat and Forty??? NOT ME!! Mid Life Crisis's Journey to turn back the years!!!!

MidLifeCrisis

Hi There Everyone, :wavey:

My name is Michelle and this is going to be my on-line diary as I take my journey to turn back the years. I'm a 37 year old mum to 3. My stepdaughter Ella is 10 and I have 2 sons, Luke 8 and Harry 4. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for 8 years since having post natal depression after Luke birth. In a nutshell (Don't want to bore you lol), in 8 years I have had it rough. I have gone through divorce to my ex who was mentally controverting and had a terrible temper, meaning I lost many friends as he isolated us. I met and married my now husband, who is my soul mate and an amazing, funny and sexy man! I had to deal with a new daughter and problems with her and her mum, trouble with my ex (he's still a pain), redundancy, our youngest was in hospital twice as a small baby seriously ill, loss of all my grandparents, my husband had a serious back problem and operation, acute IBS and lots of other cr@p.
Anyway the last year has been amazing, apart from one sad thing, my Granddad died last week, but I have coped really well, as we had chance to say goodbye cos he was ill for a long time. My husband left his job and we set up our own business, the ex is being LESS of a trouble, I have seriously bonded with my step daughter, I have been to Slimming World and lost 12 lb, and the most important is my depression, anxiety and IBS have totally GONE!!
Anyway here I am.
My reason for starting a VLCD when I've been happy with SW? We are going to Mexico on 7 weeks and I am 2 stone heavier than 4 years ago, when we married and went on honeymoon. I have got a mountain of clothes which don't fit me, that I bought specially for honeymoon so they are my fave EVER clothes, and I'm determined to get in them for Mexico!
Also I am 38 this year, and am dreading 40! I refuse to be a FAT FRUMPY FORTY, so here I am!!! Diet wise I did Atkins after Luke was born and lost my weight, then nothing but 1 week of All about W8 2 years ago (wasn't in the right frame of mind) and then SW. But I'm afraid a half pound loss a week is not for me.
I have just bought the starter, sample kit on Slim and Save after researching heavily for a few days as I found they had the best choice, value for money and seemed the best on the market. So hopefully it will arrive in the morning as I am desperate to get started now I have decided to do it!
I have opted for the 4 a day plan, have printed off a whole load of leaflet and a workbook from another VLCD site that offers them for signing up to their newsletter. We are saying goodbye to Granddad today, but I'm not sad, I'm looking to new beginnings and know he is at peace, out of pain and with Nannan.
I am an addict to FB, and am now getting addicted to MM lol xx So I look forward to getting to know everyone and supporting one another in our journeys.
Chelle xx

Welcome and good luck Chelle. You sound like you're in the right frame of mind to do this :)

Good luck Chelle. Hope your packs arrive tomorrow so you can really use your positive frame of mind! You sound like a fighter so you should be fine just drink lots of water and stay on track and the weight will fall off before your holiday!

Well Day 1 was VERY hard!! But stuck to plan and had 3l water too!! Hubby had a good giggle at me thou, eating my 'spaceman' chilli pack. NEVER thought watercress could taste so delightful lol!!!!!!! Oh for a bite of solid food, it was heavenly lol!! I rearranged and de-cluttered the boys bedroom so kept busy to save me eating my arm!! lol!! Got a bit of internet stuff to do today, then continuing the boys bedroom. Had oatmeal for breakfast, think Ill try a soup for lunch and have it in a bowl to con my brain!
So here I am on day 2. Had a lovely message from another member on the forum that S&S send you too encouraging me, and the lady has lost 10lbs in her first week, so that has also spurred me on.
How do other members get on with family and friends? Ive decided to keep my plan very hush hush, for 2 reasons, 1 that everyone will think 'here she goes again' ANOTHER DIET! and 2 those that will try and convince me its dangerous. Just keeping away from situations where eating is the norm. DH is taking kids to his mums on Easter Monday for a roast, and Ive spoken to her in private to explain why its best i keep away. Didnt want her to think me rude. She was ok, but think she thinks its slimfast lol!
Chelle x

IMAG0105.jpgIMAG0106.jpgThese are the pics my 8 year old took yesterday on my first day on plan. Can't believe how ROUND I am!! No amount of holding belly in is gonna disguise that flab!!! Ive really done the right thing!! BRING IT ON!

Day 4 and feeling FAB!!!!!

Well Ive done it!! So far so good! After years of yoyoing and months of being praised for losing 1/2 a pound after sweating away all week, Ive finally cracked it!!
Im on day 4 of S&S and have finally lost hunger!! For years Ive spend every waking moment planning the next meal, and now?? Ive had to set a reminder app on my phone to REMIND me its mealtime lol!!.
Ive had porridge, oatmeal or shakes for breakfast, just after a coffee.
Lunch has been shakes, or if its a cold horrible day soup - with lean roast chicken chunks in!
Dinner is a chilli or other mealpack on a bed of watercress or lettuce leaves.
My dessert, something sweet???? Coffee! Like normal THIN people!! Not half a tub of haagen daas lol x
and somewhere in between, usually when Im feeding the kids to stop me picking - another shake.

The things Ive found have helped me, I'll list here so if anyone else gets helped its a bonus!!!

1) Cooked chicken Breasts, roasted in oven for 30 mins, sprayed with a frylight. I use this to snack on and/or to chop up into my soup.
2) Water flavouring. Got some Wahoo flavouring left from when I did SW, and they are permitted tho S&S stopped selling them due to probs with the suppliers.
3) I downloaded and app called Diet Coach. It sms's me every hour telling me to finish my litre of water and to refill from water cooling in fridge for next fix! This app also has motivatioonal tips and reminders I clicked on when feeling the need to cheat.
4) Ive kept busy - REALLY busy. Spring cleaning the whole house lol!!
5) When Im not busy -- reading and rereading this forum and helpful messages sent from fellow dieters xx

Roll on Weigh In on Friday!!

Chelle xx

Hello hun welcome to s&s and wow your doing brill, its amazing when ketosis kicks in isnt it!!! Mexico eh very jelous!!! :)
Oh im app obsesse dand never seen diet couch, thats a must that i will be getting in a minute!
So what do you think of the packs, anhy faves yet? xx

Welcome chelle and well done for sticking with it :) it really does pay off. I hadn't heard of that app either but may look at getting it :) I'm on Myfitnesspal which is excellent as its got all the cals for the stuff were on so you know what cals your using on a daily basis and you can look at things before you eat them which has saved my toosh several times!!!

Good Luck on your journey and roll on Mexico ;) x x x

Im loving the Crispy Shakes, they remind me of drinking the milk in your bowl after coco pops or rice crispies lol x Also like the Chilli on a bed of lettuce, in fact I havent yet had one I didnt like!!! Apart from the Mac as I dont like cheese, so thats one sample that will prob go out of date lol x

Back