Fat, Forty and Fed Up to Fit, Forty and Foxy

redhead66

This will be my year
Well, here I am - back where I started, but weighing more than ever :cry:

I've done CD successfully in the past, lost 5st and felt absolutely amazing, but got too confident about my ability to maintain without going up through the steps and put it all back on with LOTS of interest. Just 10 weeks ago I was almost 2st lighter after restarting, but changed jobs and couldn't get to my CDC any more as it became a 50 mile trip to see her. I got to know my new colleagues over lunch in the canteen and loads of freebie goodies (we always have supplier samples of all the nice stuff doing the rounds in the office), and knew that my work clothes were getting a bit tight. Out of interest, I got weighed this morning and I'm (gulp) 19st 1lb :eek: That's the heaviest I've ever been and 25lb more than I was 10 weeks ago... I'm shocked, upset, disgusted with myself for letting my weight get to this, and really scared about putting my health at risk with all this extra lard.

So, I've pulled together all my leftover tetras and packs, and I have enough for almost 2 weeks. I've also been in contact with a new CDC and will go to see her on Wed. It's time to stop making excuses, and start taking control again.

Fat and frumpy is going to be fit and foxy... wish me luck :D

V x

Thanks ladies :)

For one reason or another (my OH's deployment ended early), I'm not starting until tomorrow. I can't wait now, I just want to get cracking... and not have to stay awake and suck my tummy in until I know he's asleep if he's got his arm around my waist at night ;)

I hope everybody is having a good week,

V x

Good luck redhead, im also starting tomorrow we can do this. Keep us all updated xx

Good morning ladies,

How is everybody this morning? Shazzie, how are you finding your first few days? I think it's a case of just gritting your teeth and getting on with it, knowing that it will get easier before too long.

I know it's naughty, but I've had a sneaky weigh-in on my scales this morning... OK, I confess, I'm a serial scales hopper :eek: I got weighed on my scales on Thurs morning and was 19st 1lb, this morning I'm 18st 7.5lb :D 7.5lb since Thursday, I love this diet :happy036:

I've not been finding it easy. Shopping yesterday was pure torture because a trip to Costco is all about the samples being handed out. I managed to swerve them, despite my OH telling me how good they were. I think he's learned his lesson... CD + headache from hell = one seriously grumpy girlfriend, and it's not one of his better ideas to wave food around within a 3 mile radius of her! I know it will get easier once the Big K kicks in (hopefully not too long now), and I think he's just as keen for it to kick in as I am because I'm a real mardy mare at present :D

We booked our holiday yesterday, sailing round the Greek Islands in Oct. I KNOW that there will be a load of slim, sleek, bronzed beauties lounging around on deck, and that I won't be even close to goal by then, but I have 60 days to get my fat ass into gear. So, dear ladies, here is my commitment. I will:

1. Stick 100% to SS right up until departure
2. Religiously bodybrush and cream the wobbly bits every day
3. Go to Zumba 3 times every week - no excuses!
4. Find the most flattering swimsuit that I can (bikini's will still be out), to suck it in and push it all up ;)

Have a good day gals, and I'll look forward to reading how you're all getting on.

V x

hey guys wanted to join for some support. what steps are you all on?

Morning.

I'm on my 7th day and feeling fab. Only a small piece of broccoli his passed my lips!
I've previously done lighter life 5 yrs ago and lost 3 st then put it all back on when my oh said he preferred me bigger!
I've since returned to ll and tried cd before last summer but have never stuck to it for long. I feel really different this time and really motivated. Am desperate to actually get to my goal once and for all!
This is the first weekend in about 5 yrs when I've actually stuck to a diet (if I get to the end of the day!)
Your weight loss is fab. I'm also a serial weigher! It works for me as if I'm regularly going on scales, it's because I'm being good. Never go near them when I'm bingeing.
xXx

Hi ladies,

Tummy, I'm doing Sole Source - 3 packs a day. I'm tall, so I should have 4 packs, but I prefer to stick to 3, and then if I'm feeling desperate I can either have another, or I'll have a bit of griled chicken or white fish.

LOL, Sahara, you and I could be twins... everything you say could have been written by me! I have the same problem with my OH - he doesn't really want me to lose weight. Luckily he works away most of the time, so I can clear the fridge and get stuck in while he's not around. Normally we'd have been out for meals etc when he's home, but this time I've stuck 100% and cooked him his faves instead. I think the most important thing about this diet is getting your head into it, and weighing myself every day helps to keep me focused. Anyway lady, what do you mean if you get to the end of the day? You're so motivated that I know you will get to the end of today... and I'll get there with you. We CAN do this! :girlpower:

Anyway, must go change my top and have a shower.... whizzing up my choccie tetra and ice cubes for brekkie without putting the lid on the blender wasn't one of my better ideas. I look like a bloody dalmatian :ashamed0005:

Speak later
xxx

Ha ha, oops! I've never tried them with ice cubes. What do you do?
My oh is supportive, but he is worried about the side effects and keeps scaring me that I'll be losing too much muscle rather than fat, including that very important heart muscle! Another reason why I'm going on scales so I can check this out. He's one of those b#####ds who can eat anything and never puts weight. Git!
My concern about today is that we are going to my in laws to drop my daughter off for a week. Don't want to tell them about cd. Think we're gonna leave after tea time and I might have to succumb to having a cup of tea.
Keep up the good work
xXx

I lurrrve my shakes and tetras with ice cubes - I add them to the blender and whizz it all up. It makes them so thick and frothy, just like a proper milkshake. I also find the drinks a bit too concentrated with only 250ml water, so adding a few cubes waters them down as well.

My OH does understand why I'm losing weight, but he just likes me curvy. I've told him that I'll still be curvy... but less wobbly with it ;) I did worry about the muscle loss, but I balanced that against the problems I'm storing up for myself staying the weight I am, and CD done properly wins hands down. It's not fair about men is it? Steve doesn't put lbs on, despite a real old fashioned meat n potatoes diet, plus lots of treats etc. He also doesn't quite 'get' Cambridge, and keeps asking what I'm having for lunch, dinner, do I want a snack.... Grrrrr :mad:

Did you survive the in laws? It is difficult to know who to tell, especially as I lost all the weight before and I know I'll get the 'but it all came back' comments. The gain had nothing to do with CD and everything to do with my gluttony. So far, only my CDC and OH know that I'm doing the diet. I'm not sure how I'll manage at work without drawing attention to not eating. I'm taking either tetras or bars, once I can have them, so I guess I'll have to empty the tetra into a water cup and let people think I'm drinking water. Bars will be easier though.

Have a good evening, today's nearly at an end and hopefully it's been a good one
xxx

Eeeeeuw, I've just had a spicy tomato soup and it made me gag so much that it's gone down the sink. It wasn't the taste, which was quite nice, it was the weird, slightly funky texture in my mouth :spit: I had problems with it first time round on CD, but I read on a few posts that it had improved. Apologies to anybody who really likes it, but it's still a big no-no for me!

xx

I'm with you on that. I hate all the soups. Men have walked on the moon, surely they can make a cd tomato soup that tastes like heinz!
I survived in laws. Went after Jon and Lily (daughter) had tea so I could pretend I had eaten. Didn't even succumb to tea and milk, as I took a ginger tea bag.
People at work know I'm dieting, but they're so used to my yo yo ing they don't really say anything.
Have a good Monday.
xXx

Hiya, here to support. You seem to be doing ace.

My CDC told me to mix the tomato soup with a little cold water until it becomes a paste and then to add hot but not boiling water to it slowly and keep whisking it after a few tablespoons to ensure I get the consistency right. If you decide to brave it again, maybe try it like that if you haven't already x

Lol @Sahara, yep I wish diet products tasted like Heinz, McDonald's or Gregg's or KFC! :D You'd think someone would have invented them by now right?!! x

Well gone Sahara, it's hard enough swerving food related situations on my own, but I can only imagine how difficult it is with children and in laws. Steve's heard more 'you know where the fridge is, get your bloody own' from me in the last few days! He's gone again now for another fortnight, so I can get my fat arse in gear and really go for it now.

On the plus side, today's weight 18st 5.5lb whoop whoop :) :) :)

Hi Faith, thanks for dropping by. The spicy tomato is a weird one, I've tried making it various ways as many of us seem to have problems with it. It's a shame, because I do like the taste but CD is hard enough as it is, without making it worse with weird textures. Ah well, plenty more that I don't mind.

I read that you're starting today. Good luck hunnie, and happy Monday to the rest of you ladies.

Time for work... have a good one.
xxx

redhead66 said:
Hi Faith, thanks for dropping by. The spicy tomato is a weird one, I've tried making it various ways as many of us seem to have problems with it. It's a shame, because I do like the taste but CD is hard enough as it is, without making it worse with weird textures. Ah well, plenty more that I don't mind.

I read that you're starting today. Good luck hunnie, and happy Monday to the rest of you ladies.

Time for work... have a good one.
xxx

Thank you! :)

You seem to be doing soooo well already :D How fab :D

Shall keep track of your progress! Hope you continue having good days!

ps. I don't think licking a pringle does count really ;) Haha!

Ooooer missus, and "licking a Pringle" is a euphemism for????? ;)

Well today has been a day of ups and downs... quite literally :( I suffer with insulin resistance due to PCOS, and take Metformin to stabilise my blood sugar. Occasionally, CD or no CD, it sends my sugar levels a bit doolally (that well known medical term!), and today was one of those days. At the end of a meeting this morning I stood up, felt a bit wuzzy and quickly hit the deck, taking a table over in the process. I don't think I passed out properly, but the next thing I remember was my boss and a male colleague pushing me back down every time I tried to sit up LOL. I caught the back of my head and it started to bleed, at which stage my male colleague had to sit down because he passes out at the sight of blood... there was rather a lot of blood for such a small cut though :D All the time people are staring into the glass fronted meeting room, and I'm feeling very embarrassed and virtually fighting my boss to make him let me up off the floor :eek: The first aider was most disgruntled when she found out all the commotion was about a 1" cut to the noggin and a couple of bumps and bruises, and that mouth-to-mouth and CPR were quite unneccessary!

CD has gone a bit by the wayside today :( I've not gone mad, but I had a Ribena to raise my sugar when I got back to my desk, and then for lunch I had a chicken salad wrap. I hate to think if anybody opens my desk drawer, it's chock full of biscuits and choccies that people were insisting I 'needed' to keep my sugar level up. They were all well meaning, so I couldn't say that actually it was probably the worst thing they could feed me, as sugar/carbs make my blood sugar peak and plummet. Ah well, if anything it validates one of my reasons for doing CD - to improve my PCOS symptoms and get off the meds.

So lovelies, how have you been today? I haven't asked, but when does everybody WI? Mine's Wednesday 7pm. I know today's little adventure will have delayed ketosis, but I'm so keeping my fingers crossed that I keep off the weight I'd lost by this morning and will be so disappointed if I haven't :cry:

V xxx

Bloody hell, what a day you've had. If that didn't make you crack and turn to eating a big fat meal / cake / chocolate, then you must be very strong. Hope you're not too battered and bruised.
I'm sure one day won't screw your diet up. If you average out your calories for a week before this diet you'll have had way way less.
Hope you have a less dramatic Tuesday.
xXx

Back