Fat @ Forty.... NO WAY!!!!

Alia

Silver Member
I've set myself a realistic goal - probably this will be the first realistic goal I've ever set myself so here goes.

I've got a little over 3 years till I'm 40, the big 40! I do not want to be this weight when I reach those magic numbers. Sooo by my calculations that means I need to lose a steady 1.5 pounds per week and that is deffinately achievable. Bearing in mind that I've got a hell of a lot of weight to lose, probably I've got to lose more than alot of the slimmers here even weight, which will mean some weeks I will lose more than others (I lost 5.5 pounds last week which was week 11) and maybe some weeks only a pound I don't think I'm setting my goals too high.

What targets have you all set, and are they honestly realistic or a bit like some of mine that would have me looking like Kate Moss after 3 weeks of SW!!! :D

Well done you! You've had a great loss so far. And I say 3 yrs is plenty to get to where you want to be, totally achievable!

My targets... well I haven't got a set date, Ideally before christmas, but I won't be upset if I haven't done it by then, just as long as I AM losing.

Hey hun,

Ive set a mid term goal to lose 73lbs by xmas!!:eek:

i started this nearly 2 weeks ago(2 weeks this sat)

im now down to 66lbs to go !!

i worked out on average i need to lose 2.5 pounds a week to achieve it which i think is possible for me!!

well thats my mid term/short term goal.

i then want to lose by sptember 2011 another 11 stone 8lbs!!:eek:

then that will get me down to wot i was before last doing s.w.

and then i will try and lose another 2-3 stone!!!

i think your 1.5lb a week target is very do able!!:D

beacause like me when we are heavier than most it will drop off that bit quicker !!

It depends how honest I'm going to be.:p Truth is I don't mind too much when it happens, I don't have anything special to look forward to. I left it a bit late for my 30th which is next month but saying that I do feel dreadful if I don't lose well when I know I've behaved. Perfectly happy to admit to being naughty when it happens but nothing worse than not losing when you should.

When I started I set myself a goal of 1 stone per month, I thought it would be quite do able at my size and though I've managed that so far it's only been thanks to a couple of weeks with big loses. I missed it completely in my 3rd month. So now I know it's not a realistic thing to aim for but I can't get it out of my brain!

I think you're being far more sensible than I am Alia and 3 years out of a lifetime is nothing. I'm sure you'll be looking and feeling amazing before you're 40.:D

Well done on that target, its really reachable and not drastic either. My 1st target this year is to loose 1.5 stone from now til 6th August. Its possible, and its my hols to Grenada. Then will come back and carry on loosing the hol weight gain (we all do it) and then want to loose an extra 2 stone after that. x

Hey hun,

Ive set a mid term goal to lose 73lbs by xmas!!:eek:

i started this nearly 2 weeks ago(2 weeks this sat)

im now down to 66lbs to go !!

i worked out on average i need to lose 2.5 pounds a week to achieve it which i think is possible for me!!

well thats my mid term/short term goal.

i then want to lose by sptember 2011 another 11 stone 8lbs!!:eek:

then that will get me down to wot i was before last doing s.w.

and then i will try and lose another 2-3 stone!!!

i think your 1.5lb a week target is very do able!!:D

beacause like me when we are heavier than most it will drop off that bit quicker !!

I am sure you will get there and it will be so nice to be able to support each other and give each other ideas etc - its hard for someone who does n't have such a huge mountain to climb to understand how it feels and what a huge task we have ahead of us.

It depends how honest I'm going to be.:p Truth is I don't mind too much when it happens, I don't have anything special to look forward to. I left it a bit late for my 30th which is next month but saying that I do feel dreadful if I don't lose well when I know I've behaved. Perfectly happy to admit to being naughty when it happens but nothing worse than not losing when you should.

When I started I set myself a goal of 1 stone per month, I thought it would be quite do able at my size and though I've managed that so far it's only been thanks to a couple of weeks with big loses. I missed it completely in my 3rd month. So now I know it's not a realistic thing to aim for but I can't get it out of my brain!

I think you're being far more sensible than I am Alia and 3 years out of a lifetime is nothing. I'm sure you'll be looking and feeling amazing before you're 40.:D

Being sensible about my goal is something that has taken me years and years of heartache to get to. I've spent my dieting history following a plan to the extreme, not allowing myself any leeway for treats etc and obviously that can't be maintained for any length of time so I end up going off plan after a couple of months (think 3 months is the maximum time I've lasted on ANY weightloss plan) then I put back on all the weight I've lost (most I've ever lost is 6 stone) plus more.

I had to look at what I could do differently this time to make my goal achievable. I've relaxed my attitude towards my plan by letting myself have treats and using my syns etc and also by not beating myself up if I have a bad day, but just get back on track the very next day and so far its working. I used to be so strict that I was losing 4-5 pounds every week but that couldn't be maintained long enough for me to lose all the weight I needed to lose so I've decided to be happy with the 1.5 pounds a week off and any extra is a bonus.

If we set ourselves unrealistic unachievable targets all we are doing is setting our selves up for a fall x

Hi Alia,
All that I can say is that I think you have set yourself a wonderful goal!!!
Approaching 40 was my reason for doing this. I know that I have/had less weight that you to lose, but its not the weight, it is the determination.
You can do this!
I'm 40 in just over 6 weeks and I will be at goal! x

ideally i'd like to lose the first 8 stones in the next 4 months but im told thats a bit ridiculous lol. so... Im just trying to remain 100% good and trust that the proccess will gently carry me to slimdom at the right time. your goal sounds very sensible and doable. its good you are being realistic as setting yourself up for a fall will only hurt your esteem in achieving your goals. i know all about punishing myself in that way! good for you and well done on the weight you have shifted so far xxxx

Congratulations on your progress so far!! You're doing great! It must seem like a big mountain to climb, but you appear to have just the right attitude, giving yourself time, and breaking it up into smaller goals! Patience is definitely the key! There just isn't a quick fix for this kind of thing, whatever our start weight is! You'll feel better and better with each half-stone you lose and I wish you all the very best! XXXXXXX

Hello and welcome and well done for setting yourself such a realistic goal in a sensible timeframe - that's half the battle! xxx

alia ive just started reading your blog not quite got the time to read it all at mo but will def be going back to it ...its so well written and made me smile ...i hope you keep writing it as ill def be following

alia ive just started reading your blog not quite got the time to read it all at mo but will def be going back to it ...its so well written and made me smile ...i hope you keep writing it as ill def be following

Hey there

I do enjoy writing it and it actually helps me I think. By writing down the ups and downs it puts things into perspective and I often read it back to myself when I'm having a 'fat' moment :)

Thank you ladies for all your warm replies, I had forgotten just how much better things seem when you have such a lot of support. Little hill or Large mountain, I'm sure we will all get there and the rewards for both are equally as good xxx

Back