Fat free fromage frais used for recipes - confused newbie!!

Nickyf

:confused:
Ok, I have seen a lot of recipes containing the fat free fromage frais.
I have onken far free nat yog - not the same is it?
Im trying to make syn free coleslaw at the mo!!
Any guidance would be great x:eek:

If you log in to the website you should be able to check the syn value for the yogurt. It is free though. It's not he same but in theory it will still works the same.

It's worth getting the fromage frais. It's lovely stuff.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same stuff. I usually use quark and natural yogurt to make coleslaw. Grate half a white cabbage, 1 carrot and 1 onion. Mix in a bowl with 1 tbsp of quark and 1 of natural yogurt (you can add more yogurt if you like the coleslaw to be more 'saucy'). Add a tsp mustard powder and stir well, easy as that! I also like to add 45g reduced fat cheddar (Healthy A choice) to mine to make a cheesy coleslaw - feels so naughty!!

Thanks guys - going to get experimenting now!

You can also make a lovely fluffy jelly for half a syn with it. I will post the recipe if you want it! Its lovely, I have made a big bowl for our teas. :)

A lovely dipping sauce for anything is
Pot of yogurt.
Teaspoon tomato puree
salt and pepper
chilli powder to taste
small clove of garlic, crushed.

Lovely with sausages and sw chips!

You can also make a lovely fluffy jelly for half a syn with it. I will post the recipe if you want it! Its lovely, I have made a big bowl for our teas. :)

I've never heard of that jelly before, please could you post the recipe?
Thanks! :)

Hi purplephoenix, here goes :- I packet Hartleys s f jelly crystals made up to 1/4 pt water. When starting to cool slightly but not starting to solidify pour into bowl with 500g fat free and syn free fromage frais. Whisk for about 5 mins, then put into the fridge to set. A huge bowl for 1/2 a syn total. Lush, you could have this with fruit as well to make a nice filling pud! Enjoy :)

Whenever I go to Asda I cant find the fat free fromage frais they never have any - everyone must be on slimming world lol. I make my coleslaw the same way as Stevie but without the mustard.

asda does a brill coleslaw pack too, of ready grated carrot, red cabbage and red onion. no hidden syns!! i put 2 tbsps of extra light mayo and some fat free fromage frais and its lovely. better than pre packed coleslaws which i dont like very much

What is better: fromage frais with mustard powder or extra light mayo? I haven't tried either but am wondering which to use for my potato salad.

Liz
xx

What is better: fromage frais with mustard powder or extra light mayo? I haven't tried either but am wondering which to use for my potato salad.

Liz
xx

I personally don't like extra light mayo at all. If I'm going to have mayonnaise, it's got to be the full fat stuff and Synned. So I'd say fromage frais, but it's all personal preference.

Thank you! I had heard that extra light mayo is a bit tasteless and jelly-like. Perhaps i'll try them both and see :)

Liz
xx

Back