Attack Fat Free Fruit Yog - Aldi???? Fruit pieces allowed?

Becky.Boo

Morning All,

Sorry the questions begin, I bought yogurts last night in Aldi as I seen fat free but I started to mix one to my oat bran and hot water this moning and noticed pieces of fruit, are these allow during attack (or cruise for that matter!) So far I juts picked around the actual fruit and used the yog, I thought I read in the book the fruit pieces are a no no .. disaster! :wave_cry:

Becky
x

Do they have added sugar? That's much more of a no-no that fruit pieces (which you *might* be allowed as a tolerated in Cruise (2 tolerated items max, not unrestricted like the foods on the list))

In the yoghurt department you're safest buying fat-free plain and flavouring yourself with sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla...

Thanks! Doh I should have thought more before picking them up ah well you live and learn! Yeah I think I might invest in the dukan flavourings I'll have a look into them!

NO worries - I feel into that trap too - was so please to have found some vanilla fat-free activitas and when I had eaten a few realised my mistake. Boo. In the end the remainder went into the bin as nobody else in my family wanted them :-( ever since then my watchword is 'added sugar' and I have spent hours and hours scrutinising food labels! I just wish my eyesight was better.

As for flavourings I'd see how you go with what you've got first, they're quite pricey est the P&P. You can get vanilla in the supermarket

Yeah I'll be binning the lot as my hubbies doesnt eat yogurts, which kills me as money is tight! I do like a flavoured yog as a treat though .. so I might have to bit the bullet and pay, in the long run it might be cheaper than buying differnt brands and recking the diet!

I am very confused yog wise on whats allowed and whats not!!

Does anyone have any reccomendations of specific brand and flavours that are allow on Attack and Cruise? :confused:

I know - binning food is a real problem and does go against the grain but that got me into the trouble with my weight in the first place (kids leftovers etc!!) I still only bin minimal amounts of what's absolutely necessary.

The yoghurt saga chops and changes - have a look in the 'frequently asked questions' because I don't keep up with the debate any more. Also - see what works for you, have one a day or wherever, and if your losses are okay over a week or so then keep them. If you experience a prolonged stall you might need to reconsider. We're all different, some people have to cut right back on the dairy....

In Cruise Muller Light and Weight watcher ones (Vanilla and toffee ONLY in both cases) are allowed IN MODERATION (sometimes quoted as one a day or count each as a tolerated)

The rules are 'no fat - no sugar - no fruit'. But I've also seen a French discussion where the rule was 'flavoured diet yoghurt are okay as long as they are maximum 40cal per 100gr' - not sure which ones that would be though!)

In attach do stick to plain fat-free and use sweetener. the Total 0% is the yummiest (and the priciest). A lot of us make their own plain yoghurt from skimmed milk - have a look in the recipes thread I think, I have a yoghurt maker and you can also use a slowcooker. It does tend to be quite watery though, I strain mine through a muslin for a few hours.

Back