Fat or Fiction, channel 4

losingit

Silver Member
Anyone seen this? The Atkins Diet: Fat or Fiction - Channel 4
I just watched it this morning on 4OD and it's really annoyed me. It's one of those programmes which makes me want to jump up and strangle most of those involved in the making of it. They showed a couple of people who said they were really happy with the diet and a couple of notes about the "politics" involved in wanting people on low fat high carb diets, but other than that it seemed to set out to totally discredit Atkins as sub-normal and dangerous.

In particular, there was one woman who did it for a few weeks who constantly whined about how 'awful' she feels, and kept breaking down in tears and saying "what am i doing to myself?". I'm sat here thinking "get a grip, woman!". I wish i could be a bit more understanding of those who say the diet hurts them but i'm just too biased now after seeing how good it makes me feel and having an opposite experience. Anyway, this same woman who was whining, at the end she decided to eat carbs for breakfast, and lots of fruit, but follow atkins for lunch and dinner - eek!!! recipe for weight gain or what?!

Rant over.

Completely hear you, Losingit - I can't stand stuff like this any more - stupid case studies, set up to fail and usually promoted by the Potato Board or Wheat Union or whatever....

LadyFelsham is right..think of how many global corporations have an investment in carbs - food wise, junk is where all the profit is. Of course they're going to be threatened, and they've started bribing people into sham documentaries..they're terrified with its popularity.

And anyway, since when did the experience of four or five people ever count for scientific evidence?

B x

Back