'Fat' shows on the TV

lovehirano

I am sitting watching 'Embarassing fat bodies' and it makes me not want to eat again!! But doesn't motivate me in the long run.

I watched 'Obese - a year to save my life' the other day and this was really motivating - to see someone change their life was amazing!!

Do shows like the ones I mentioned as well as Biggest Loser etc, motivate you? Or do you like/don't like to watch them?

I think fat shows motivate me when I am having a low time, for example if I feel like eating, they help for night time, also I used to use the exercise bike and i found them great for exercising to. Overall I dont think they have much effect, just motivation at the time of watching and maybe after. I watched that year to save my life and it didn't motivate me, whereas every other one has.....strange.

I agree, they help me when i feel like a binge.
I really don't like Embarrassing Fat Bodies, it just makes me feel really uncomfortable at times and is waaaaaaay too graphic. :(

my fave is supersize vs superskinny ii love seeing both ends of the scales and keeps me focussed on 'being healthy' rather than just the initial weight loss. i also like secret eaters but wouldnt say this really motivates me i just like the fact that sometimes i can see where i go wrong myself and also shouting a tv when the people are swearing they only eat 1200 calories a day when clearly they r eating double lol

I've watched uk biggest loser for a couple of years, not every series. But recently watched the full us loser on sky, I ended up starting from the very beginning and watching us season 1, its really cheesy, i'm now on season 2, I love it, I love seeing them struggling and saying they cant do it, ect, then being totally chuffed with themselves at the weigh in and its good to see their confidence grow, I suppose it kinda gives me hope that eating healthy & exercise really does work, I sometimes think, I'll never lose weight, i'm one of those people who just cant lose weight, but when I watch these things it makes me realise that its a scientific fact, cals in, cals out. It would defeat science to eat less/exercise and NOT lose weight. Does that sound strange? lol

I love secret eaters!!!! bahahaha... # I don't anything honestly! ...yeh righhhhhtttt ?

Back