fat-to-fit-foto

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Originally Posted by sorcerer2066
Hi Diva and everyone. If anyone needs a spot of help motivating them to walk a South African friend and me (UK) started a walking challenge through but somehow couldn't get off our butts and then I came up with the idea to challenge each other to take a photo on our walk and post it a website. It really motivated us and made the walks less same old same old. It's fun to see each others pics too.

There are now 15 of us doing it! We're starting again on Monday and if any of you want to join feel free!

Monday's challenge is to out there, walk briskly ;-) for a minimum of 30 minutes and take a photo of something NEW.

Add it to our fat-to-fit-foto site if you fancy. (But you don't have to - it's just a great motivator!)

Keep up the good work. (I've dropped a jeans size since Xmas!!!!!!!!!)

I just took and uploaded my first photo to this site. I registered using the same username as I use for Minimins. I was a little concerned that I would not find something "arranged" on my walk -- but there it was. My neighbour who walks with me (she actually walks my little dog and I get to go along to pick up the dog's 'business") enjoyed the scavenger hunt aspect of the walk today. She said it made us look at the neighbourhood differently.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
This sounds like a great idea :D

I walk along the canal with my little one, So I would be a bit concerned that all the photos would look the same :eek: lol x

Got an email from Fat-To-Fit-Foto and pasted it here!

I am so pleased to have gotten my "assignment" -- I feel as if I am in an episode of "Mission Impossible"... but this "Mission Possible". I liked the motivational information about the benefits of walking and, of course, the Einstein quote (from what I've heard -- he was a pretty clever dude). Getting ready to walk, click and upload. -- MM

Five Fab shots yesterday! Thanks everyone and a big Welcome to MinnieMel!

Our next photo challenge is...SURFACES

Happy walks

Jen
www.fat-to-fit-foto.com
‘Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.’Einstein

PS Always tell someone where you plan to walk and be sensible. If it’s not safe, walk with friends or don’t walk at all.

Don’t stroll – walkbrisklyfor a minimum of 30 minutes a day and you will:

·Burn about 150 calories
·Reduce the risk of breast cancer by 20%
·Reduce the risk of heart disease by 30-40%,
·Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent diabetes and stroke by 50%
·Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety and enhance mental well being
·Lower blood pressure
·Increase cardiovascular endurance
·Raise your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (which is the good cholesterol)
·Lower your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (which is the bad cholesterol)
·Maintain lean muscle
·Improve blood lipid profile
·Reduce the risk of cancer of the colon
·Reduce the pain and joint swelling that accompanies arthritis
·Increase weight loss and reduce body fat
·Increase bone density, hence helping to prevent osteoporosis

Uploaded my photos taken on my very brisk 20 minute dog walk that the pedometer said was 2 miles of walking.

Back