Fat tum to yum mum!

YummyMummy2B

Silver Member
Hello!

Im Kim and have been on minimins for awhile - My weightloss journey has been a bit of a long one! Im hoping that the fad diets are long behind me, although it is tempting to meddle in them again. The buzz of a big weight loss and the quickness of losing it all only lasts so long.

I have been toying with Slimming World for awhile. A lot of friends follow it very successfully whilst I've always been on Weight Watchers. I lost 30lbs at the start of the year and have put about half back on. A serial yo-yo er :(

Im lucky that my heavy weight hasn't yet interfered with my health, but I'm approaching my mid 20's, having been overweight for almost half my life I need to sort this out before it starts to implicate on my health. It has started on my confidence and I hate it, I have my children to think about - I don't want to feel I'm holding them back just because of issues I have caused.

We are booking our first family holiday abroad for early next summer and I want to go feeling semi confident about myself and not be worried about plane seats and swimming pools!

I will be keeping track of weight, measurements, food and any activity I do. Looking forward to making lots of yummy meals!

Weetabix HEXB
Whole Milk HEXA
Sweetener
Banana

Couscous salad
Chicken breast

Lean Turkey Meatballs
Tomato based sauce with veg
Spaghetti

Grapes
Strwaberries

Im about the same as I was when she was born 16 months ago. I lost 6 stone before I was pregnant and seeing it all pile back on during pregnancy was absolutely awful. I dreaded midwife appointments incase she weighed me. It really overshadowed my pregnancy to be honest.

We are about the same in weight so I will find your diary and keep in contact :)

Day 1 was ok, I was really hungry though. Im doing the shopping today so will have lots of healthy meals and snacks to graze on. Dinner tonight is beef stew if I get home in time to cook it, otherwise it will be gammon or something that doesn't take too long. My plan is to use my syns on chocolate and bits that my my free food tasty, I am going to cut out alcohol because it leads to kebabs and munchy hangovers! I think I'll find ditching the booze easy, chocolate probably won't happen so I would rather have a bit a day then a massive chocolate binge that normally happens whilst Im on diets!

Feeling really sick today. I didn't eat much last night because I felt so awful, I just grazed on cucumber sticks and crackers.
I've not had anything as of yet, just a bit of water. I have made dinner though for the rest of the family so at least they are fed! We are having carrot and swede topped pie, it smells lovely! Got some green beans to have with it. Lunch was supposed to be a chicken breast, baked potato and salad but I don't think that will be happening!

Well after a little nap I did have some food :)

ASDA spicy chicken breast
Jacket Spud
Flat mushroom stuffed with pepper
30g Cheddar HEXA

Carrot and swede topped pie 1.5syns (gravy granules)
Green beans

2x crispbread HEXB
Choc Philli 2.5g 3.SYNS
Banana
Fruit salad
Asda mini bubble bar 3SYNS

8SYNS USED

Last edited:
Im not a massive fan of doner meat, but skewered chicken and lamb with garlic mayo...ooohhhh yeaaahhhh!! I don't reckon it would be too bad on SW? Obviously the oil and the sauce would have to be synned, and the pitta would probably bump it up a fair bit. Worth it though!!

Well I went out last night, wasn't as 'bad' I normally would of been. I had a curry, rice and naan bread. Eeek. Then a bag of crisps when I got home. I didn't have a bottle of wine though *pat on the back* so I saved myself 29 syns there....

So today I've had to behave myself :) I was at a ashes scattering and had 2 cheese straws and orange juice, then 2 custard creams - 3 bloody syns each!!!!! Im at a leaving party tomorrow, no idea what's happening food wise. Im hoping it will be a BBQ and I can stick to chicken legs and salad. Big breakfast in the morning, and dinner ready for when we get back. Hopefully should go to plan...

2 cheese straws 4SYNS
2 custard creams 6 SYNS
ASDA choc 3SYNS

Chicken stir fry

2 plums
banana
necterine

HUNGRYYYY!!!!

I used to eat chicken kebabs (skewered ones) or mixed lamb and chicken skewered kebabs like they were going out of fashion when I was SW ages ago - and I lost 4 stone in 4 months so can't have been bad for me! They can't be many syns, well not the meat anyway as it's just herbs and spices in the marinade and maybe a bit of olive oil, but nothing too dramatic. I used to make my own chilli sauce and garlic mayo instead of having the kebab shops and not knowing how many syns there are in it. It's not the same of course as full fat mayo of course but it never bothered me as I felt like I was having a treat by having a kebab.

Another one I used to love was a big steak with peppercorn sauce, used to make the peppercorn sauce myself and it had no syns in it - felt like a real treat when in actual fact with veg and a jacket potato the whole meal was syn free. Can you tell I like food by any chance?

Haha yes! I love food too, too much!

So yesterday really didn't go to plan at all. I swear it's the weather! It was free lunch today so I had a sandwich on malted bread, 2 mini spring rolls and a bottle of orange juice. There was lots of cake but I managed to sustain!

For dinner we're having SW beef stew, mash and green beans. Then it will be fruit for the rest of the evening.

Will edit later!

Dinner was yummy. I just don't normally get 2 hours to wait for dinner so it might have to be relegated to a lazy Sunday recipe!
Done my food plan for this week, trying some new recipes from the SW website; pork vindaloo, chicken and bacon hotpot and Moroccan stew.

Managed to get through this evening without picking. Woohooo! Weigh in first thing, think I'll stay the same. Hopefully....

Still plodding along! Didn't count my syns yesterday but I didn't have anything apart from honey on my gammon! Today I made veggie soup and the pork vindaloo from the SW website. Hoping it's nice! I've run out of rice so having a rice/chip combo. No veg in it though so will have to make up for that somewhere....

Today has gone like this....

Jacket spud
Tuna Salad
2 tbs light mayo 4SYNS
Cheese HEXA

Banana

Veggie soup

Banana

Pork vindaloo
Rice
SW chips

2 Plums