Fathers Day Ideas?

debtin

Gold Member
hey all

just wondering what you all do for fathers day? I am stumped....Personally i prefer a little card from my son and i know my OH would too but wondered what gifts/ideas everyone else will do?
I do a photo collage mug of my OH and son and thats going to be my "thing" - we will prob do a day trip too

Bit of a boring 'present', but we're giving dad money this year. There is absolutely nothing he needs - what do you buy the man who has everything? Although he has just bought a brand new £200 golf club, so our money can go towards that.

I got a mug for stepdad, whisky for husbands dad, and a cd and a thorntons choc luggage tag for my dad

Bio-dad - nothing (we dont really speak any more). Stepdad No1 - nothing (we dont speak either). Stepdad No2 - nothing (we do speak from time to time, but we dont "do" occasions.) DH - whatever the kids deem appropriate plus a new shirt so he has something to wear for the wedding!!! :D

I do think it can be taken out of hand and its a marketing hype. I think a card and token gesture is enough. My oh didn't have his dad growing up and no father figure and for this reason I think he missed out and now thinks its more than it is. I did my little ones foot prints on a small canvas the first year...that is invaluable.
I did say it won't be getting turned into anything big as that's what birthday can be for

mine's getting a voucher for amazon.. he's just got a kindle, so he can buy as many books as he wants with it ;)

I usually just cook a meal for mothers/fathers day. Maybe its just me being a gorb but i would much rather have that time and effort put into something than a present bought that i dont like/want. Getting to eat the food myself is a bonus ;)

I like the idea of the photos on the mug though

Ok. So there was me thinking "oh, I have ages to sort this.."

I don't. Oops.

Oh, and the small matter of a giant docking great storm lump thing heading over us means that whatever I do end up getting, I can be assured WET will be one of them.

I don't speak to my dad and for my husband (as my son is too young to get) I brought some green and black chocolates, bear glass (as drinks beer regularly and replace the flashing light disco at the bottom of a glass that broke) and got a jigsaw of a pizza so see how long he takes to complete that as it is meant to be mega hard but he is so good at them it is shocking, I want to rip them apart as I get so frustrated with all the concentration you have to do and give up!!!

Back