Fatty no more

becciharland

Hi

I thought i would start a diary / blogg on my weight losses and gains, something to fill the time instead of snacking on naughty foods, going over my points etc.

OK so my name is Becci, yes it is a odd way to spell it but when i was at school, having a girl also called becky who's birthday was the day before mine we decided to make our names different.....Mine which i have stuck with is Becci and hers Becki.....Yes i know not much different but when your 13, it makes all the differance lol

I am a 29 woman just in case you were wondering, i live in a sleepy village in North wales call Rhuddlan just outside (and i stress to everyone OUTSIDE Rhyl) i live there with my better half, Darren, 2 Goldfish Elvis and Cliff and extra cute Hamster called "On Bong"

I have done slimming world last year and dropped 3.5stone, but then xmas came and i found it really hard to get back on track, so much so i gained the 3.5stone and some more...... Ive been getting more and more down about it and fed up, as well as me putting on weight Darren has also gained a lot of weight since we have been together 2.5 years ...... He too is fed up and wants to lose the weight. A friend of our has been doing WW for a while now and is doing really well, i cant believe how well.....So i thought i would give WW a go.

The last time i did WW was when i was 20, it was the old points system then which was ok but i didnt stick at it for long..... So this time i am going to give it my all!

So i have been doing this for nearly 2 weeks now, i missed last weeks weigh in as i was coming back from Devon early that morning, i could of made it in time but i stopped in mac d's on the way for breakfast and ate like a pig!!! i made sure i added it all to my food log. I am looking forward to this week to see how i have done. Also i have make a planner for the fridge so we both know what is on the menu from day to day as i am fed up of having to ask Darren what does he want for tea / lunch / breakfast, also i hope that if he beats me home he might stick the ready meal in the oven to help out....haha thats wishfull thinking!

One thing that has been on my mind this week is PASTA

Do you weigh out the pasta uncooked and point or do you cook then weight and point....... i weighed out 500g of uncooked pasta last night for our lunches this week then weighed once cooked and drained, it now weighs a massive 1.285kg lol We only use 125g of cooked pasta each a day of having pasta salad.....i think i have enough for a month

I am just off into a meeting ....have a good day all..

Becci

Hi and good luck with your 'restart', I'm back for another crack at it too :)

In answer to pasta, weigh it dry as it will absorb different amounts of water each time. I'm sure the difference is negligible but there we are! (also if you've cooked too much you may be tempted to eat the rest, I know I would be!)

Hi and welcome,I weigh my pasta dried! Good luck to you and Darren on your WW journey,at least you have each other for support so that's good :0)

I woke asking Darren if it was Friday yet this morning, not wanting to get out of bed..... Lucky I'm working from home today, I have a list as big as my bell to do today, roll on 5 o clock....

As I'm hope I thought I would have a nice lunch, ww soup with a small roll on the side or a oval pizza..... Oh I think the pizza will win lol ..... I went to asda on my way home last night and stocked up on weight watchers foods, I must be keeping them in business, well that's what it feels like lol.

We are having a rustic chicken colmans bag thing for tea, lots of veg and a 3pp chicken breast each..... I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think it will beat last nights tea....we had ww lasagne with a a large chopped salad and a ww garlic petite pain yummy yummy yummy lol

I offered Darren beans on toast this morning which wasn't on the menu, what was written down I knew he wouldn't enjoy but hey you can't tell them!
His oats so simple didn't go down well let's put it that way, I took great pleasure in telling him "I told you did I!" lol I love you make a point now and again ....I think it's a women thing.......

I am one of those naught people who weigh themselves daily...... It's going in the right way this morning which I'm pleased about..... Thought of the day, how many others weigh more than once a day, before and after toilet activity, before after eating , morning noon and night.....lucky I don't have a set of scales in the car!

B

Lol opps about Darren's breakfast! Hope you have a good day working from home,all meals sound yummy,do you not like to cook yourself or just no time to? Only ask cos you said bout keeping WW in business! Weighing yourself every day is ok so long as any gains etc don't lead to going off the rails but no,all times of the day just doesn't appeal to me lol

Cooking myself - I love to cook and try to sort normal food out but I don't get a lot of time at home, sometimes I can leave on a Monday and get home on a Friday, Darren doesn't cook so always a ready meal in there for him...... Also I normally cook/steam veg to go with meals .....anything to save time, plus I love the taste of a lot of the ww foods which stop me from being naughty lol

Weighing - I find this really helps me, if I have a gain I am extra careful not to over eat, if I don't weigh then I haven't seen the scales and I think I'm doing ok, but really I'm not and cheating myself,...... Darren is the same as me, well maybe not as much as me lol

Each to the own I think.....what ever works best :):)

Oh and I'm cooking a meal tonight, colmans rustic chicken 4 pp for the whole packet (2pp each) 3pp chicken breast each and a load of veg stuck in the bag...... Plus some nw potatoes on the side 2pp worth..... Can't wait, and if I remember I will take a quick shot before eating (knowing me it will be half way through the dish I will remember lol)

B

Yea I did wonder if you meant lack of time with cooking as you are busy at work,meal for tonight does sound really nice :0) yea some people do find weighing every day helps(hope it didn't sound like I was judging you)!look forward to seeing a pic of your dinner later :0)

There was me thinking I was being judged lol I'm joking...... I will put a reminder on the phone and post a picture later just for you :) I would send you a sample but I don't think it would make it lol

B

Lol shame about the sample ;0) ok cool bout the pic,lol bout judging..things can come across the wrong way in txt that's all ;0)

I knew it, I forgot to take a picture, but it was very nice and will be on the menu again :)

Sorry x

Yippee it's finally Friday ........weigh day tomorrow so im always super good today

Having my fav breakfast today.......2x ww bread, 60g of wafer thin ham and chopped cherry toms.....dusted with black pepper......oh I can't wait lol

A another fav for lunch, pasta salad with ham today for lunch which I will eat while getting the car serviced this morning..... Then I will hit out in Starbucks for the rest of the day as Darren has the day off....I can never work from home when he is off lol

I look forward to a Friday night, most other people look forward as its the start of the weekend, a take away or going out, not me I look forward to a Friday as I get to write my new menu and write the shopping list to make sure I have everything in....... Which means shopping tomorrow which I am going to fit in before weigh in tomorrow morning.....

We have a busy day Saturday, wi, food shopping, hair needs finishing with a colour as they didn't have enough time last night after my cut, plus we are off to Blackpool for a walk....yes just a walk, we love to park at the top end and go all the way down to the pleasure beach and back, total miles 6.5 :)

Right best get a move on and get ready, have a good day :)

Well I did my weigh in today and lost 3lb this week...... Which I'm pleased about ....must update the August challenge now :)

So moving in from this, we have done our meal plan for the week and I have been shopping, brought extra goodies that werent on the list....Tut tut, but they are ww products so I know that's ok lol

We are off to Blackpool now for a long walk (6 miles) Darren tracks it on his phone .....men and gadgets, but I can't say but I'm just as bad......

Got to go now

Well I'm glad the weekend is over, went for a lovely walk on Saturday afternoon in Blackpool, walked from glynn square down to the pleasure beach and back via the tower as we popped into the ballroom for a drink...... Didn't get home till 9.30 so I knocked up 2 ww pizzas and salad and as a treat we had the ww frozen chocolate eclairs 2pp each and we split the box, they were fab and could get used to having them each weekend.....

Yesterday was our lazy day, I made a large stew that lasted all day we had a couple bread rolls with it and a load of treats through the day, but hey that's what the 49week points are for....I made sure everything was written down as well, so I'm still on track

Been working from home today, which I hate would rather be out working on the road...... I'm in south Wales working tomorrow, midlands Wednesday and Doncaster area Thursday so not too bad of a week.... All pack lunches had been planned so no reason to go wrong on those..... A nice ready meal for tea with salad, my favourite ww lasagne yum yum Darren is having ham and mushroom tag as he doesn't really like any lasagne. I oval pizza for lunch with salad which was yummy as well as I like me cheese....

Right time to get back and do some more work, soon be 5 o'clock then I can work through my house work list which I tend to do on a monday....... Not much, Hoover, bins, clothes put away, washing dry, post box walk, put some bits in the loft and get food ready for tea and tomorrows pack lunch :) best get me skates on me thinks lol

Have a good afternoon all

Becci x

Sounds like a really good weekend,all food sounds very yummy.Hope you managed to get the chores done,sounds like you had plenty to do! Least you will be out and about at work from today onwards!

It's been a while since I last wrote so I thought I better do a update.... Away tonight and tomorrow in Croydon and Thurrock ....oh joy, looking forward to being at home

Food wise everything seems to be going ok, a pound off last week, 2 lb off the week before.... I have to say it is coming off slower than when I was doing slimming world but I was doing 5 exercise classes a week I don't get the time to do that now so I've been on our cross trainer but only fitted in 20 mins last night..... Am thinking am I eating too many points or shall I try not to eat the weekly points next week to give me a little booast?

Does anyone do anything to booast there weight loss? I might try and fit in a aerobics class on a Friday night as 9 times out of ten I'm home..... Not sure yet..... I walk of a weekend, normally a Saturday about4-6 miles......

Im also thinking maybe I'm filling my plate too much, shall I get a diet plate?? Lunch if I'm in a pub or out then it's just a plan chicken salad ( grilled chicken and lettuce) so I'm sticking to plan then, in the evening it's a pointed meal........

Roll on the weekend :)

Back