Favouite flavours?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by nickis_here, 7 May 2011 Social URL.

1. nickis_here

nickis_here New Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    I just wondered what flavours of shakes, soups, porridges, bars, etc are people's favourites?

Also I would love some tips on how to make them taste their best. On someone's advice I have bought a Kenwood Smoothie2go machine as this is meant to make the shakes less lumpy and can blend up the ice too.

I'd be grateful for any hints, tips, advice....

:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tisseltass

tisseltass Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.39%)
    Hi!

My favorite is to do the shakes in a blender with loads of ice, really like having a tasty milkshake, always make sure they are as cold as possible, semi-warm shakes are just, bad. :)
    Also, I live to have some spices in the vanilla one, like cinnamon and cardamom. Soo good. I also thought about trying to mix it with some chai-tea instead of water, that will probably be nice. Maybe like a chai-frappe if we are lucky? =)

Good luck to you!

4. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    OOOOOh!!! Chai Latte Cambridge stylie!

I'm going to try it as soon as I acquire some chai teabags (Twinnings do a good one!)

I love to add Orange flavouring to a vanilla shake (made with lots of ice so that it's thick) to make a cheesecake flavour shake!

I like the butterscotch one as a mousse.

I don't do soup very often but I really like spicy tomato with a 1/2 tsp of chilli powder added for extra flavour!

As for the lumps, I always make my shake with a stick blender, and never have a problem. My sister makes hers in a blender, and she sets it going with the water then adds the powder gradually through the funnel to achieve a lumpless result!

HTH

5. timsmom

timsmom Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Haven't tried anything but shakes yet but banana is nice ice cold with the ice blended in. yummy.Don't normally like banana falvoured things either?

6. tisseltass

tisseltass Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.39%)
    I just tried the chai-vanilla! Works really well, I did 2 dl of extra strong chai tea and used this to make the shake, also added some extra cinnamon and cardmon and yes. Delish!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.