Favourite Christmassy films?

I love the original 'santa claus the movie' - it's normally on tv on Christmas eve or Christmas day...if it's on the actual day I often miss it, or it's a bit too late to get giddy over... So I now have it on DVD!!

I also like the tim Allen films - the Santa clause.
Elf is another favourite as is pola express.

Oh and love actually!! :)

In fact... Too many to mention! Lol x

Ooh well let's see

ELF
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scrooged
Muppet Christmas Carol
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Miracle on 34th Street

May think of more later

Home Alone and Die Hard we my favourites ,it isn't Xmas without those. So far we've watched ...

Love Actually
It's a wonderful Life ( have to watch this each year )
Die Hard 1,2 and 4
A Christmas Carol animated ( didn't like )

I will watch all the Home Alone's this week , and I always have the cheesy sky Christmas 24 movies channel n in the day. I shall watch the ones on tv too, Elf etc

I love Elf, Love Actually, Home Alone, Fiddler on the Roof, About A Boy, anything with snow and carols in :) I have to say so far I think TV is not all that festice other that constant food programmes!

I'm scouring the TV times for Robson Greens Christmas lights programmes,but I can't see any of them this year. I love them :(

Bad Santa!! I was going to watch this tonight but wrapped presents instead. Will watch it tomorrow!

My other faves are the Tim Allen Santa Claus films, Santa Claus the movie, Polar Express, Nightmare before Christmas, Jingle all the way, Home Alone, Elf, Love Actually, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.... There's probably hundreds more!! I love Christmas films :D

I love the original Miracle on 34th Street. The ending is so much more simplistic. The remake just tries to hard

Love Actually and of course It's A Wonderful Life. Still cry every time I watch it

It's gotta be Elf!!! Or failing that, the original Santa Claus the movie-with Dudley Moore as Patch the elf :)
Oh and Love Actually-which I watched tonight
I guess I can now add New Years Eve to that aswell as I saw it on Thursday xx

Last edited:
Home Alone or National Lampoon.... can not beat that!!

We always used to sit down to watch Flight of the Navigator too, but its been a looooong while since that was on.

:D

Elf. Watched it again on channel 4 the other day and fully intend to watch it again on Christmas Eve with the kids, we are having a movie marathon, with Elf, Nativity, and The Search For Santa Paws, as well as probably a Scrooge thrown in for good measure.

Not very Christmassy, but Casablanca is usually on sometime around now, and I always watch it. I could probably recite the whole script by heart by now!!

The Snowman
Love Actually
Bridget Jones Diary
Santa Claus the Movie (the original)

Watched the Holiday yesterday, never seen it before, which was quite good.

The Wizard of Oz is my ultimate Christmas movie! :dooney:

and of films that are actually "christmassy":
Elf
Love Actually
National Lampoons
Gremlins :D

Back