Favourite Clothing item? Do you follow Fashion?

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
Do you have a trusty favourite? Mine is my Jeans and also my Baggy Hoody Jumpers.

Do you have a particular style? Do you stay with the current fashion trend or tend to just do it your own way? also do you find now that you are losing weight you tend to be more image concious and take more care over what you buy and how it accentuates your figure?

I love my leggings . oh and i like wearing halterneck tops with a small cardigan over it (the one's frm new look they just come down to undeneath your bust) x

I love love love leggings! I love them!
Otherwise I like dresses skirts etc - which before I lost weight would always have been jeans and nothing else :)
X

Years ago (when I was young thin and single) I liked my tight black 501s and my fringed leather jacket with a bright t-shirt and coloured doc martins.. Felt very confident in them lol

Found salsa dancing and went for black flirty short skirt and sparkly tops, black heels (still have the heels) plus leather jacket (no fringes)

My look now.. Blue Jeans any brand.. T-shirts long, plus a jacket.. Depending on weather

What I would like to wear.. Jeans 501s, sleeveless tops and nice bright heels to match :) plus my size 14 skirts from monsoon, that are in bright summer colours

Jeans and long t shirts ... Would love to have the confidence to wear leggings x

Good thread!

I used to wear nothing but black apart from dark blue jeans. Me wearing colour was almost unheard of!!!! Now although most of my work trousers are black my tops now are normally colours although sometimes if I'm having a feeling fat day I'll wear black cos I know it's slimming lol!

I'd love to be able to wear vest tops without worrying how I look, I don't think that'll ever happen though as I have saggy skin bingo wings!

Someone once said to me it's not what you wear it how you wear it that counts :)

Or dress like a nun and smile like a wh#%e

I'd love to be able to wear vest tops without worrying how I look, I don't think that'll ever happen though as I have saggy skin bingo wings!

Same here, I hate the tops of my arms, If I could just lop of the saggy bit i'd be a lot happier. I'm a 25 yr old woman with the upper arms of a Granny.
One arm is a lot worse than the other aswell, so I'm a bit wonky lol.

I can buy nice tops but always wear a bloomin cardigan or shrug over the top :(

I have bingo wings too! I love my leggings and uggs or by nice boots but I am paranoid about my spare tyres. I even bought some black skinny jeans recently (althoug I did have to get a size 20 in primarni)

Even when I lost loads of weight on CD I had a flabby belly and hate it when my clothes cling to this. I have to dress smartly for work so wear trousers and blouses or a pencil skirt with a cardi and a cami or something.

I've just bought a jumpsuit from ASDA G21 Bird Print Jumpsuit | Women | George at ASDA
To celebrate finally being able to buy items from the G21 range. Bought it in a size 20 :)

Cant wait till Hubby takes me on out on our date night now so I have a reason to wear it :)

hobnobsmummy said:
I've just bought a jumpsuit from ASDA G21 Bird Print Jumpsuit | Women | George at ASDA
To celebrate finally being able to buy items from the G21 range. Bought it in a size 20 :)

Cant wait till Hubby takes me on out on our date night now so I have a reason to wear it :)

Ooooh me like .. How tall are you tho look a bit long in the leg for little old me... You will look fabulous on your date x

I'm 5ft 8 and 1/2 and it reaches the floor. Nice to find something Long enough usually things look like Crop Pants on me lol.

no dont follow fashion. Mostly clothes used to be from Marks & Spencers but as i became bigger it became harder to get into them. started buying from simplybe as they opened up a shop in Bury. Now starting to get back into M&S clothes. what i miss most is wearing sexy underwear! sorry if that is too much information. not sure what size i will need to be to fit into something sexy any suggestions?

I find M&S do some nice "sets" of lingerie, they go up to a 44G I think in Bra sizes and 22 in knickers.
Have you tried Yours Clothing? They are like SimplyBe and Evans only about half the price! they also have some pretty lingerie on there.

hobnobsmummy said:
I'm 5ft 8 and 1/2 and it reaches the floor. Nice to find something Long enough usually things look like Crop Pants on me lol.

Hahah well I am 5ft 3 everything is always too long for me x

poppy100 said:
no dont follow fashion. Mostly clothes used to be from Marks & Spencers but as i became bigger it became harder to get into them. started buying from simplybe as they opened up a shop in Bury. Now starting to get back into M&S clothes. what i miss most is wearing sexy underwear! sorry if that is too much information. not sure what size i will need to be to fit into something sexy any suggestions?

Poppy you can get sexy undies in voluptuous sizes :) x

Hahah well I am 5ft 3 everything is always too long for me x
think i would like to be somewhere in the middle! 5ft 6 maybe, My hubby is 5ft 7 so Id like to be short enough to wear heels lol. I had flat shoes on our wedding day because I am already taller than him!

Back