Favourite meals done the Slimming World way

lpwaters

Hi there, Whats everyones favourite meals done the Slimming world way? I love my slimming world spaghetti bolognese, but would love to find a good sausage and mash alternative (my husband cant eat quorn) or a nice tasty pie :)

Cobbler using any meat stew done in the slow cooker and then syn free scones cooked on top. Or chili. Or cowboy pie. Bit of a theme here I know!!
Liz
X

I will have to try that I have tried adding stock to the water the potatos cook in but never added it instead of milk. What low syn sausages do you use? I used to get some from morrisons but I haven't seen them in there in a while

I live in Lincolnshire :) How do you make your chicken curry? I am yet to find a good curry receipe. :)

Oh. I know there are syn free sausages in the uk too but not sure where to get them. An sure someone will b able tell ya.
I chop up a chicken breast, peppers mushroom etc. add a teaspoon curry spice. Tin of chopped tomatoes n dimmer until thick :)
Sounds lie it'd n too tomatoey but I promise it's not

Syn free cheese scones

300 g chive and onion fat free cottage cheese
Salt and pepper
2 eggs
100 g smash
40 g reduced fat cheese, grated

Blend the cottage cheese, season and add eggs.
Stir in the smash until dough like.
Separate into 10 balls using an ice cream scoop and flatten.
Top with grated cheese, put onto a baking tray and cook at 200°C for 20 minutes.

Obviously this uses a hexa but you can leave it out. Apparently they're nice with cheese and onion smash but I can't get that in my tesco so I don't know if that's true! This recipe is for baking them like normal scones but to make a cobbler I put them raw on top of a cooked stew and cook as the instructions say. They sort of absorb a bit f the gravy. Yum! I think they're a bit more like dumplings as they are a little potatoey. Probably wouldn't want them sweet.

Cowboy pie

Fry Light
500 g pack extra lean mince beef
6 spring onions, white bulb thinly sliced and green leaves finely chopped
500 g pack fresh diced carrot and swede
415 g can baked beans
300 ml beef stock
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
6 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
100 ml skimmed milk
2 eggs, beaten
80 g reduced fat cheddar, grated

Place a pan sprayed with Fry Light over a medium heat. Add the minced beef and stir fry for 3 minutes.
Then add the white spring onions to the mince and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.
Add the carrot and swede, baked beans, beef stock, worcestershire sauce andmherbs, then season. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat the grill to medium. Boil and mash the potatoes with the milk.
Add the spring onion greens to the mash with half the egg and beat well. Divide the mince mixture between 4 ovenproof pie dishes, then spoon over the mash. Roughen up the tops of the pies with a fork, then brush with the remaining egg and the grated cheese.
Grill the pies for 3 minutes or until browned.
Serve with vegetables.

This is a hexa and 1/2 syn per serving and serves 4 very generously. It freezes well do I do them in individual pie dishes. Really good comfort food.

Hope this are helpful :)

Liz
X

Also, we had this for dinner tonight with two uncooked poppadoms microwaved until crispy (1/2 a syn each) and raita made with colemans mint concentrate and lemon juice mixed into natural yogurt.

The curry is 3 syns per portion and it serves 4. I don't know how the syns compare amongst the different curry pastes but I would imagine this would be easy to change into a different curry. If you were going to do one that isn't as creamy I'd use a tin of tomatoes instead of the yogurt.

Chicken Korma

[For curry]
1/3 jar pataks korma paste
250 ml yoghurt
2 chicken breasts
2 peppers
2 onions
1 tin butter beans

[To serve]
300g basmati rice
4 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced

Whoops forgot the instructions!

Fry sliced onion and peppers. Add chicken and fry until brown. Add butter beans and Korma paste. Cook out.
Add yogurt and simmer.
Serve with rice, poppadoms, raita and chopped salad or fruit.

I have a great free chicken curry. It is quite saucy. It comes with a great pilau rice recipe with lots of vegetables to pack in your SF's

1 onion chopped
250g mushrooms
2 crushed cloves of garlic
4 chicken breasts chopped up
1 tablespoon medium curry powder
6 tablespoons of tomato puree
200g passata
400ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
100g fat free fromage frais

Use fry light to fry off the onion and garlic. Add the chicken and cook until it starts to colour. The add mushrooms and fry for a few minutes. Add the curry powder, passata, stock and tomato puree. Bring to boil. Stick on a lid and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through. Take it off the stove and add the fromage frais. Add salt and pepper to taste.

It really is delicious.

Try to have all the ingredients measured out before you start. It makes it easier. Have made it with cod loin, adding them for the last 10 mins of cooking. Also great with prawns. I'm sure all veggies would be nice too but I've not tried it. Or turkey. That would be a lot cheaper. if you don't like spicy, you could add a mild curry powder or more fromage frais.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Try the Cowboy Pie topped with cheese and onion Smash made up with water and the eggs, leaving out the cheese. Totally free. Mash is lovely and rich. I use all carrot as I don't like swede. Yummy.

I know, I considered this but I figured that because I'd be having it in place of any other carbs in a meal then I'm going to allow it but if I had them as a snack then I'd syn it. Like the smash pizza I suppose.
Liz
X

Back