fear of history repeating

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
at the moment i'm currently 9st 6lbs. ive managed to get to this weight a number of times before on other diets such as WW, calorie counting etc but never been satisfied as i really want at least another stone/stone and a half off because of my height. i'm now around a size 12 which is fine as i'm getting slimmer but ideally want to be an 8/10 as standard, and get my hips and thighs a bit smaller!

i opened an old spreadsheet this morn from 2010 when i'd been recording my results from doing curves and WW and the results were really similar to what they are now, my measurements were the same give or take a couple of inches and my weight was recorded at 9st 5lbs at the last entry. weirdly, i'd stopped completing the spreadsheet at this point and as the story goes, i'd put weight back on after that, so i'm getting panicky about failing to get into the 8s and keep my weight down! i know it sounds daft but it seems that the 9st 5-7lbs mark is my nemesis, i never seem to get past this stage! any motivational tips to keep me going would be great, i feel like i'm freaking out at this discovery lol! x

What diet are you on??

Oh right, sorry you didn't mention it in your post.

My advice is stay on it & the weight will come off :)

I wouldn't recommend staying on a VLCD at the weight you are. It is not necessary. You have a normal BMI so the weight loss you want to achieve is purely down to that ... 'want'

I would consider upping your food intake < go up a couple of steps maybe? > and incorporating some exercise into your daily routine. Ultimately this is what you are going to have to do anyway, so it may be an idea to start a more conventional way of achieving what you want.

Well done by the way.

I will be doing vlcd to goal which for me is 8,7 so I would say keep with things and slowly work up/refeed.

Take it slow when its time to introduce food and history won't be repeated hun x

A VLCD to achieve a size 6 figure is not what they're meant for though, surely? < Putting aside 'each to their own ' etc >

I am a size 12 and I sometimes wonder what on earth I'm doing!

No-one with a normal BMI should consider a VLCD - or at least not for long...

I'm going to stick with SS until i get into the 8s i think, i know i can go up the steps now my bmi is is the normal range but i think i'd rather use SS to get me into that 'safe' zone so that my mindset will be focused on staying within that weight. ive never managed to get under 9st before, i think the lowest i got to was 9st 2lbs but that was after a bout of flu (!) so to get into the 8s and stay there as i increase my steps will be my next challenge after getting out of these pesky 9s!

Back