Feast or famine !!

fillymum

synful soul
After a year of being good, trying to avoid as many social functions as possible or at the very least staying totally on plan this week has been horrendous.
Tuesday night we had friends round for super.......did I stick to plan ??? Did I hell !!! That is sooo bad . The meal was super laden with syns and very, very fattening.
Yesterday I took the old lady and her friend to see the Almond Blossom in a local valley and then out to lunch in a traditional touristy type restaurant. I started well with gazpacho but went down hill from there on with a full roast dinner, finishing with profiteroles !!!! Oh God how bad am I.
Then on top of all that, one of our closest friends rang and invited us out last night. Twice in one day !!!!!!! Yikes.
I only had a main course but Italian food is hardly low calorie. I chose pork fillets in a lemon sauce with pasta and salad........well the salad bit was o.k. ..........pity I left it !!! The major no,no of the night was sharing a bottle of wine with Mike, DH doesn't drink wine, and ended the meal with 2 large glasses of Tia Maria.
Well that is the confession bit over and done with. It hasn't made me feel any better. I am pretty disgusted with myself as the choices were there. I just didn't take them.
However today I am so looking forward to my lovely SW food and plan to have yogurt and fruit this morning. An onion and tomato omelette at lunch time with ryvitas and some more fruit and tonight my favourite roasted red peppers, squash, long green Italian peppers, onion, tomato with 198grams of boiled new potatoes with my HEX of cheese melted on the veg, and a yogurt.

Back on the waggon after a major blip !!!

Hey, its done and over with, and it sounds like you had a lovely time in the process which is important in this life! Best of all you are now raring to go again and fired up with enthusiam for the rest of the week - you never know, the scales may even be shocked into being kind!!
Take care x

Don't beat yourself up over it Sue! We all do it from time to time, and being as SW is a plan for life I don't think any of us will be able to completely avoid functions or other social gatherings indefinitely :)

Firstly - you've mostly avoided functions and been on plan for a year. This is something to give yourself a massive pat on the back for, I know I would be! :)

Secondly - life is too short, and stressful, to beat yourself up over having a week where you've thoroughly enjoyed yourself. Okay, the food may not have been on plan, but you've reached the end of the week with an enthusiasm for slimming world that I really don't think any one of us would have if we didn't allow ourselves the odd day off plan. Again, this is something to be celebrated as it signifies a lifelong change in your attitude towards food and eating :)

Thirdly - who on God's green earth can resist profiteroles?! They are seductive little minxes who think nothing of flaunting their light and puffy pastry shell and their glossy chocolate coating to the world. I strongly believe the profiteroles are to blame - if they weren't so alluring then none of us would have a problem resisting them. Again, this is not your fault. We are but human after all Sue, and remember that to err is human, to forgive (yourself in this case) divine.

Hugs from me!

xxxx

Thirdly - who on God's green earth can resist profiteroles?! They are seductive little minxes who think nothing of flaunting their light and puffy pastry shell and their glossy chocolate coating to the world. I strongly believe the profiteroles are to blame - if they weren't so alluring then none of us would have a problem resisting them. Again, this is not your fault. We are but human after all Sue, and remember that to err is human, to forgive (yourself in this case) divine.

Hugs from me!

xxxx

Silly me. Of course you are so right. They are such bad little creatures and tempt the unsuspecting by jumping out of the menu and straight onto the waiters order pad unaided. As you said they seduce one into eating every scrap of that awful crispy pastry, that disgusting cream filling and that oh so hellish, chocolate sauce. To have refused them could have had dire consequences.:rolleyes:

How could I have blamed myself for even one second. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me Dudey girl !!!!

Now get back to your essay!!!

hugs xxx
bighug.gif

It's only a few days out of your life, and it certainly sounds like an enjoyable few days. You know the score, get back on track and don't look back!

xx

It's only a few days out of your life, and it certainly sounds like an enjoyable few days. You know the score, get back on track and don't look back!

xx

You are so right and after a day of lovely vegetables and fruit I feel well back on track..............

They are seductive little minxes who think nothing of flaunting their light and puffy pastry shell and their glossy chocolate coating to the world. I strongly believe the profiteroles are to blame - if they weren't so alluring then none of us would have a problem resisting them.

here here lol x

Back