Fed up and need help

Hiya, I decided to try the Cambridge diet as friend of mine recommended it. I hadn't seen her for a few months and she looked amazing and said it was great, so I thought why not have a go myself!

What are you thinking about doing?

I would like to lose about 6 stone. Slimming world an weight watchers are ok but require so much planning and weighing. Slim fast was good but didn't enjoy taste of shakes

Yeah I've tried ww and SW to but either they didn't work or were to slow. I have 5 and a half stone to lose and would like quick results... CD gives quote a variation of Porridges, soups and shakes and lots of flavours so in that respect its really good! Have you decided what you want to do?

Hiya,

After reading your post about Cambridge and I really wanted to comment.
Like you I had 5-6 stone to lose and like you I have tried many many many diets and I can honestly say the shake diets are the worst. Yes you will lose weight very fast and you will feel good... However you will get bored like most diets and you may put all the weight back on and more!! That's what happened to me and a few other girls I know who did it at the same time as me. I found the Cambridge takes away the food but it doesn't change the issues we have with food which means when you lose the weight and come off the diet you may go back to normal eating habits. a very expensive diet for not much food!
I lost 5 stone by eating three meals a day two snacks and a home Tae bo DVD.. It can be done just takes commitment and focus. I know we all want fast results but I would rather be a stone light in a few months than stay the same and we all know the saying... I'll start on Monday!

Try not to waste your money on shakes, why not join a gym instead! :)

I hope this helps.
Lay x

I think I must have tried them all and made up some of my own!! I too saw a friend that I hadn't seem for a while who looked fantastic after losing weight on the Cambridge plan so decided to give it a go too! I love it as I am all or nothing type of person and like the fact that I don't have to think about food or what to eat etc. And the best bit of all is losing weight so quickly!

dello said:
I think I must have tried them all and made up some of my own!! I too saw a friend that I hadn't seem for a while who looked fantastic after losing weight on the Cambridge plan so decided to give it a go too! I love it as I am all or nothing type of person and like the fact that I don't have to think about food or what to eat etc. And the best bit of all is losing weight so quickly!

Hi dello, how long have you been doing CD and how are you doing on it?

Hiya, I started at the end of July and gave myself a target of six weeks before I went on holiday, I lost 20lbs and was only going to have a break of three weeks but managed to pick up a stomach bug on holiday so today is my first day back! I have put a few pounds back on while away but hope to lose them this week!!

I am planning on sticking to SS for eight weeks now and then having a couple of weeks off again. Once I got through the first week, I loved the plan, I wasn't hungry and I love how quickly the weight came off, although I didn't lose as much as some people on here. The before and after pics on here have been really inspirational too!

I travel quite a bit with work so have always found it hard to follow some diets while being in hotels or on the train/ road. The tetras and bars have made it really easy though so hopefully I am going to stick to it and lose another couple of stone before December ?

Must be hard to stick to when travelling... Well done you though, sounds like it really suits you... I've noticed its got easier this week, I'm hoping it just keeps getting easier! :)

Back