fed up peeling potatoes

jasminescott242

hi every one I do extra easy and I love it.I love my sw chips or mashed spuds.but I feel like I'm constantly peeling potatoes. I picked up a tip of microwaving my chips before putting in oven.but is there any syn free ready cut chips were allowed to use,or some alternative for a quick fix?ie can you do anything exciting with tinned potatoes? ps I can't stand smash.any ideas much appreciated x

For a taster once our consultant made SW chips and because she was a bit rushed she said she only had time to get a bag of pre-cut peeled potatoes and because there wasn't any oil or anything extra on them she said they were free! :) Think she got them from asda but I've got them from Spar too, just check the ingredients to make sure there aren't any hidden syns x

I always roast new potatoes with skin on n they are lovely! So since eating sw style anything potato is done with skin on :) tastes fine!

The skins the best bit! Has most of the vitamins and fibre, i'm sure i read that somewhere.

chocolate_bananas said:
The skins the best bit! Has most of the vitamins and fibre, i'm sure i read that somewhere.

Absolutely agree. No need to peel. If they're really dirty they'll need a good scrub but most supermarket potatoes tend to be washed. We used to have a green grocers as a kid and I can remember having to bag the potatoes into 3lb, 7lb or 14lb bags. Used to hate bagging the dirty ones! Don't see them so often these days as things are so sanitised. Anyway I digress, I rarely peel them and I cook them 4or 5 times a week for the family in different ways.

I always eat the skin from jacket pots as choc banana says thats where the fibre is. Also love crunchy potato skins like u get at the italians, leave em in the oven till nearly cremated then make your own free dip like tzatziki/salsa - lush

If you like chips have you tried the Mc Canes Rustic Frys - normally find them near frozen potato wedges in the supermarket.
They have 1 syn per 100g.
They are a thick chip with the skins still on.

If you like chips have you tried the Mc Canes Rustic Frys - normally find them near frozen potato wedges in the supermarket.
They have 1 syn per 100g.
They are a thick chip with the skins still on.

I also use these when I am having a slightly lazy chip day, otherwise I make wedges with the skins on, jacket potatoes or I buy new potatoes for steaming. Today I have local normal white potatoes that I am going to steam with the skins on, I don't like peeling either :)

I leave the skin on for everything, I think it tastes lovely, even in mash. Me and boyfriend prefer having the skin on for mash, chips, roasts whatever we're doing. Little one used to moan about it but he doesn't anymore.

I never peel for chips - skins the best bit

Also I sometimes use the tinned new ones, sliced then fried in frylite

To speed up making mash, i microwave the spuds whole (few fork pricks) then just scoop out the insides! xx

I often do wedges without peeling the potatoes although when I was at school many moons ago, I had a job as a kitchen assistant and ever since then I have been a demon speed peeler so I don't mind doing it at all. In fact is rather do it myself than let the OH faff about for ages with the peeler!

Can also recommend mash with the skins still on, especially if you add other things too like onions/spring onions or leeks as it gives it a nice texture.

I love my Actifry, I use a chip cutter and make crinkly chips, chuck them in the Actifry for 20 mins and the are done :)

I also like the mccains frozen rustic chips now and again, know they used to be low in syns x

Back