Feeding the husband...

OhCarolina

So for lunch today i made pasta quiche with bacon and a shed load of chopped up vine tomatoes - it was LUSH! But i made a few portions so wrapped them up for the next few days. For dinner, i thought i better eat one because i didnt want to have it all go off and wasted so i zapped one in the mic and my husband sniffed the air, 'ooh lets try a bit' - usually one to shy away from anything 'healthy' let alone 'sw'.
Well, hes only gone and finished it off hasnt he, typical - i could have had salmon for tea and my piece that i ate for dinner tonight for lunch tomorrow!

That is one of the joys of SW is that the whole family can join you on the healthy eating plan...even husbands:)

I made big mac on a plate with sw fries tonight. My DH moaned on hearing what I was making and has just polished off the lot!

It was 3 eggs
1 tub of low (0.8%) fat cottage cheese
2 huge vine tomatoes chopped up
4 bacon rashers (but i cut the fatty tail end off so the round bits) chopped up
pasta n sauce (mac n cheese - i know syns, right, how many! i have no clue, cooked weight, dried weight.... but whatever it was its divided by 4 as i made 4 portions up)
All mixed up in a bowl

Then i oven cooked in a casserole/flan dish, but as the tomatoes were quite watery, i had to cook it a little bit longer, about 35/40 mins. I ate one for lunch and one for tea, and my husband ate two!! At least it might work on convincing him to give sw a go with me?

:)

I've got my boyfriend eating meat free burgers, quorn mince, slimming world style curries, everything! Lol its why slimming world works for all of us, no seperate cooking for ourselves cos the whole family can eat the same x

I havent tried to get the husband on to it, but once - i made sausage and mash with quorn sausages, and he threw a hissy fit and wouldnt even touch it ;/ So thats why i was amazed he even tried my quiche. He is totally unhealthy though, wont even look at a vegetable *sigh

In my house we normally eat the same, even my 3 year old son has sw meals. Sometimes my husband says he doesn't want what I have cooked so he has to cook his own or more likely order a takeaway

In my house we normally eat the same, even my 3 year old son has sw meals. Sometimes my husband says he doesn't want what I have cooked so he has to cook his own or more likely order a takeaway
This sounds like my house, i did a kickass pasta today for tea and he wouldnt touch it as there was sweetcorn in it!! Sometimes i do wonder.

This sounds like my house, i did a kickass pasta today for tea and he wouldnt touch it as there was sweetcorn in it!! Sometimes i do wonder.

Men are worse than children! I just make food and put it infront of him. Rarely have complaints. Apparently the mince in the spag Bol I make is gorgeous (quorn!) he just can't tell the difference!

He is defiantly worse than my son! But on principle I won't cook something different for him, he has to sort himself out

My husband STILL hasnt eaten. I bet you - when i wake up tomorrow, there will be a kebab wrapper on the coffee table ... Im not even kidding you!

Which is odd as he loved my pasta quiche... but then that didnt have sweetcorn. He complains that sweetcorn is 'too sweet'. Rubbish!!

Mine has been eating all sw food and is now complaining he's looking gaunt! ! Ha!!! Lll

Can sympathise with that! It's hard when it's like that but at least we are eating healthy, I am always pleased I am introducing my son to new flavours and showing him that eating healthy isn't boring.

I havent tried to get the husband on to it, but once - i made sausage and mash with quorn sausages, and he threw a hissy fit and wouldnt even touch it ;/ So thats why i was amazed he even tried my quiche. He is totally unhealthy though, wont even look at a vegetable *sigh

My boyfriend is the same, is disgusted by Quorn stuff & won't go near it lol x

My OH is sooo fussy that most week nights we eat different things as he only eats about 5 things one being pizza! He eats no fruit, no veg and is 2 st lighter than me. He also loves chocolate more than me!! But at the wknd I cook stuff we both will eat today it's sweet and sour chicken from the taste of Asia book. I love cooking and wish he was less fussy as cooking is more fun when there is someone to share it with!

My husband won't each meatfree burger or sausages. But once when I made u a breakfast I put a meat free Lincolnshire sausage in from tesco and he never complained. What he doesn't know won't hurt him lol

Does quiche with pasta in taste like quiche still?

My hubby's fantastic! He will eat anything I put in front of him and will even cooks SW friendly when it's his turn!

Back