Feel like am playing snakes and ladders sometimes.....

meerkat_nat

Well I joined Sw in 2012, I hit the ground running and lost 4 st in 5 months, managed to stay around a sensible weight for 12 months and then life got hold of me and I let it drag me dow........

......this is my new journey to loose that 4 st again and get back to my happy place. I rejoined on Wednesday and this Thursday 16/04 is my firat weigh in.

I am grateful for the fact that SW reminds me how to cook and its simply a pleasure.
However I still want people to know their not alone, we all loose it and can regain it. But this is a life decision and life iant a straight road, its more like the spagetti junction!

So please join me in my new journey

:welcome:

Hi Nat,

I was like you, also lost almost 8 stone and i have regained it back through the years, now im heavier than i ever was :( . I think thats why im so confused this time around. I wish you luck in your journey and I wanted to say Hi as i didnt want to read and run :).
So a big hi from me and good luck!

Hi Nat,

I was like you, also lost almost 8 stone and i have regained it back through the years, now im heavier than i ever was :( . I think thats why im so confused this time around. I wish you luck in your journey and I wanted to say Hi as i didnt want to read and run :).
So a big hi from me and good luck!

Aww its very nice of you to say hi, we can talk our way through it. I have rejoined more times than I care to remember but I had never put it ALL back on, but this time I did with a spate of depression dragging me down.

Dont get me wrong iam only 4 days in, so a long way to go but still. I can do this as can you!
I think to loose it once is fantastic but to do it twice is phenomenal!!!!!

Hi nat, best of luck on your journey x

Well I joined Sw in 2012, I hit the ground running and lost 4 st in 5 months, managed to stay around a sensible weight for 12 months and then life got hold of me and I let it drag me dow........ ......this is my new journey to loose that 4 st again and get back to my happy place. I rejoined on Wednesday and this Thursday 16/04 is my firat weigh in. I am grateful for the fact that SW reminds me how to cook and its simply a pleasure. However I still want people to know their not alone, we all loose it and can regain it. But this is a life decision and life iant a straight road, its more like the spagetti junction! So please join me in my new journey :welcome:

Hiya I too have lost weight in past and found myself back with lots to lose.

Slimming world is amazing and I love it. So many recipes to cook and doesn't feel like a diet.

Looking forward to see what your first weigh in brings :)

Aww its very nice of you to say hi, we can talk our way through it. I have rejoined more times than I care to remember but I had never put it ALL back on, but this time I did with a spate of depression dragging me down.

Dont get me wrong iam only 4 days in, so a long way to go but still. I can do this as can you!
I think to loose it once is fantastic but to do it twice is phenomenal!!!!!

Yeah, I feel more determined this time. Too many times I have watched a family member take my daughter swimming, when i have been too self-conscious to take her, it has stopped me from doing things, so now my butt is in gear and i would like to take her :) looking forward to it actually xx

Thank you so much for all the support, I really utilisee minimims the first time when I lost 4 st and I think alot of it was down to lovley people like yourselves on here, so thank you x

Hiya I too have lost weight in past and found myself back with lots to lose.

Slimming world is amazing and I love it. So many recipes to cook and doesn't feel like a diet.

Looking forward to see what your first weigh in brings :)

Me too, hope its a running start for me.....

A lady who knows me from the first time, said on my first session that ill b fine coz I was always a 4 lb a week kinda girl, so no pressure eh

Yeah, I feel more determined this time. Too many times I have watched a family member take my daughter swimming, when i have been too self-conscious to take her, it has stopped me from doing things, so now my butt is in gear and i would like to take her :) looking forward to it actually xx

Wow that's a motivational target if I ever heard one.how far into ur goal are you???

Wow that's a motivational target if I ever heard one.how far into ur goal are you???

I keep refusing lots of spar visits because I wouldnt b seen dead in a costume, I go no were near the pool on holiday! I have to make up excuses

I keep refusing lots of spar visits because I wouldnt b seen dead in a costume, I go no were near the pool on holiday! I have to make up excuses

I have a loooooooong way to go, im on day 5 now, but im on and still strong and my daughter is loving the same meals i make so im not making 2 separate meals which is very handy in purse and time! haha
but this time not im weighing myself or measuring myself, that what the down fall for the other times, i got caught up with the numbers, there was a specific stone and lbs i couldnt smash through, i was either staying the same or put on, but never went below, it was frustrating and went on for weeks, my group leader, saw my food sheet and exercise sheet and couldnt figure why it wasnt moving past that stone and lbs, so i would give up, so now im not looking, im just enjoying the food and not having food consume me, only in day 5 and im already feel at ease and in control. Bags of energy tho! which im liking.

How are you enjoying it? are you coping well and fitting it into your lifestyle with ease? For me its all about the planning, if i dont plan, i dont go off the charts, I go off the walls!! haha

I have a loooooooong way to go, im on day 5 now, but im on and still strong and my daughter is loving the same meals i make so im not making 2 separate meals which is very handy in purse and time! haha
but this time not im weighing myself or measuring myself, that what the down fall for the other times, i got caught up with the numbers, there was a specific stone and lbs i couldnt smash through, i was either staying the same or put on, but never went below, it was frustrating and went on for weeks, my group leader, saw my food sheet and exercise sheet and couldnt figure why it wasnt moving past that stone and lbs, so i would give up, so now im not looking, im just enjoying the food and not having food consume me, only in day 5 and im already feel at ease and in control. Bags of energy tho! which im liking.

How are you enjoying it? are you coping well and fitting it into your lifestyle with ease? For me its all about the planning, if i dont plan, i dont go off the charts, I go off the walls!! haha

HI, yep iam an all or nothing kinda girl and its all about my brain being in line with the organisation. I spent yesterday batch cooking some meals for the freezer because iam a shift worker u see and i can quite easily not be arsed to plan for the week ahead.

I love SW coz I can cook and this really remreminds me how to cook. I take meals into work and people can't believe its syn free!!!!
I love feeding people!

HI, yep iam an all or nothing kinda girl and its all about my brain being in line with the organisation. I spent yesterday batch cooking some meals for the freezer because iam a shift worker u see and i can quite easily not be arsed to plan for the week ahead.

I love SW coz I can cook and this really remreminds me how to cook. I take meals into work and people can't believe its syn free!!!!
I love feeding people!

i'm with you on that, This plan has got me excited about making a meal and amazed cant believe how tasty and yet you can eat so much of it. I can see the energy in my daughter and myself, so Im just holding onto that. But bought the magazine, bought a folder with notepad and pen, and im making a slimming world recipe folder - geeky I know but i think it will help with my organisation madness i have right now, so i could flip through and hmmm i try this. but i know what you mean about stockpile food, I LOVE chili con carne, so made a pan of it today and separated into tubs to be frozen, so I can always go to that for a quick meal or a snack. ;)

i'm with you on that, This plan has got me excited about making a meal and amazed cant believe how tasty and yet you can eat so much of it. I can see the energy in my daughter and myself, so Im just holding onto that. But bought the magazine, bought a folder with notepad and pen, and im making a slimming world recipe folder - geeky I know but i think it will help with my organisation madness i have right now, so i could flip through and hmmm i try this. but i know what you mean about stockpile food, I LOVE chili con carne, so made a pan of it today and separated into tubs to be frozen, so I can always go to that for a quick meal or a snack. ;)

Yes I too have a receipe book haha, scrap book of magazine favourites, I also have a notes page on my phone which contains receipes lol.

Iam a crazy cooking woman!!!
Iam currently baking smoked salmon and egg muffins x

Hi! Like you i am someone who has lost weight and regained it so is jumping back into sw. Our stats are fairly similar, Meercat_nat, so hopefully we can jelp each other on the way! Salmon and egg muffins sound really tasty- food like this really makes sw the best diet there is!

Hi! Like you i am someone who has lost weight and regained it so is jumping back into sw. Our stats are fairly similar, Meercat_nat, so hopefully we can jelp each other on the way! Salmon and egg muffins sound really tasty- food like this really makes sw the best diet there is!

Awww thats very nice of you to support me on this journey, iam a mere 5/6 days in again and it feels like such a long road ahead and what scares me is can I stay on this track to the end? coz ive gotten off so many times when ive lost a stone or two.

I need to stay on at all times

Hiya

Hope your doing well so far, the weigh ins help and if you have a blip we are all here to help you back on track.

When I look ahead it's very scary, I'm actually heavier than my partner :-( he has no ideal what my weight is and I won't tell.

Because it's a long long journey I'm concentrating on small goals along the way.

My first was my half a stone yay done
Second is get into the 14 stones
Next is my 1 stone award.

Small goals like small steps along the way.

Plus every small step means I'm a step closer to my target and a step further away from where I started :)

I totally agree, baby steps......
I have also bought myself a ninja chopper/blender
I am fully aware that blending fruit is synned but I cant seem to get any clarity on the veg, ie Kale and celery.
Iam only having one a day, usually mid morning as a late brek or lunch to tide me over until tea time.

I know its frowned up in sw but its an easier way for me to get extra fruit and veg into my body, my skin is alreasy detoxing and the quantity is only small amounts, ie half a banana,handful Kale, 2 celery and few pieces of frozen fruit.

If I feel the smoothies are sabotaging my journey I will stop but for now its gotta b better than the crap I was eating before.

Does anyone know how to syn blended veg??

I totally agree, baby steps......
I have also bought myself a ninja chopper/blender
I am fully aware that blending fruit is synned but I cant seem to get any clarity on the veg, ie Kale and celery.
Iam only having one a day, usually mid morning as a late brek or lunch to tide me over until tea time.

I know its frowned up in sw but its an easier way for me to get extra fruit and veg into my body, my skin is alreasy detoxing and the quantity is only small amounts, ie half a banana,handful Kale, 2 celery and few pieces of frozen fruit.

If I feel the smoothies are sabotaging my journey I will stop but for now its gotta b better than the crap I was eating before.

Does anyone know how to syn blended veg??

I was looking into a blender/ food processor also, as I just found out the new SW craz on cauliflower rice - Which is raw cauliflower blast in a food processor till tiny bits or use a cheese grater and then steam in the microwave for 2-3 mins and it suppose to come out nice and fluffy, looks like rice but its healthier, its shown with the chili con carne. Saw some people added courgettes and carrots with certain herbs to the cauliflower rice. I think its on their website, so i was looking into buying myself one to try it. So if SW are suggesting to crumble cauliflower like that and its not a tweak, Im wondering what else is allowed :)

I was looking into a blender/ food processor also, as I just found out the new SW craz on cauliflower rice - Which is raw cauliflower blast in a food processor till tiny bits or use a cheese grater and then steam in the microwave for 2-3 mins and it suppose to come out nice and fluffy, looks like rice but its healthier, its shown with the chili con carne. Saw some people added courgettes and carrots with certain herbs to the cauliflower rice. I think its on their website, so i was looking into buying myself one to try it. So if SW are suggesting to crumble cauliflower like that and its not a tweak, Im wondering what else is allowed :)

Its a mind field and my consultant wont help me in anything smoothie related as sw dont support it but if I choose to blend once a day surely thats upto me as long as I syn it??

Back