Feel like giving up

DanielleOD

I've only been doing the diet for 2 weeks but I'm feeling so disheartened I haven't lost anything this week despite sticking to the plan. I don't know where I'm going wrong but I am going to try another 2 weeks then see how I am then if I'm not loosing I'll have to try something else which is a shame as this is the healthiest I've eaten in years. This is what I've had today can anyone see where I might be going wrong I'm doing a green day

Breakfast:
Fat free yogurt
Banana

Lunch:
3 ryvita (hexb)
3 dairylea (hexa)
3 quorn ham slices
Pineapple

Dinner:
SW curry using spices and natural yogurt with quorn pieces
Rice
Grapes

Snacks:
3 babybel (hexa2)
35g saltana bran (hexb2)

Drinks:
Can of Pepsi max
2ltrs water

Thank you for any help you can give me

Id say you're not eating anywhere near enough. Your Lunch is like a feather! :eek:

Seriously your breakfast and lunch are both the size of a small snack to me which I would have a couple of times a day and then have a big meal as well. Where are all your superfree? Where are all your syns? You need AT LEAST 5 syns a day!

I haven't had many superfree today as I normally do due to running out of fruit I've stocked up today ready for the week. I don't like vegetables.

For syns I usually have chocolate or they are used in my dinners.

My friend doing it is eating less than me and loosing loads :(

I wish I could help you as I've lost a total of 1 lb in two weeks! And I've been 100% on both weeks too. So, I know how you feel and you have my sympathy.

I did feel like giving up a week ago. However, I won't give up yet because, although the pounds are not falling off me like they do with some people, I feel so much better for eating healthily. My skin is looking really good and I have a lot more energy.
The way I see it, if I wasn't doing SW, I would be stuffing my face with junk or started a restrictive diet which would have made me miserable because I would be constantly hungry.

My consultant has looked at my diary properly this week and suggested I eat a lot more superfree food and to plan ahead. Also, never to go hungry as this is counter-productive.

I'm sorry I coudn't be of more help, but just wanted to say that I know how you feel and sympathise. I'm sure seasoned SWers will be along very soon to help you. I've found this forum to be very friendly. :)

DanielleOD said:
I've only been doing the diet for 2 weeks but I'm feeling so disheartened I haven't lost anything this week despite sticking to the plan. I don't know where I'm going wrong but I am going to try another 2 weeks then see how I am then if I'm not loosing I'll have to try something else which is a shame as this is the healthiest I've eaten in years. This is what I've had today can anyone see where I might be going wrong I'm doing a green day

Breakfast:
Fat free yogurt
Banana

Lunch:
3 ryvita (hexb)
3 dairylea (hexa)
3 quorn ham slices
Pineapple

Dinner:
SW curry using spices and natural yogurt with quorn pieces
Rice
Grapes

Snacks:
3 babybel (hexa2)
35g saltana bran (hexb2)

Drinks:
Can of Pepsi max
2ltrs water

Thank you for any help you can give me

I would say have a filling breakfast such as porridge or muesli with a banana! Your lunch appears to be a snack. Have a salad with the ryvitas!! Your tea sounds good!! Green days are for hungry ppl IMO!! You need to eat more esp superfree.

I can relate to running out of fruit!! I get thru tonnes of fruit. Have you tried the frozen berries?

Sorry for all the exclamation marks. I get told off at work for my excessive use...

I would try adding brocolli or green beans with your curry - I know you said you don't like veg, but if there's any that you do like, you should incorporate it with your meals. Also, maybe swap some of your snacks for fruit - there's a fair amount of cheese in the menu you posted.

Stick at it - it will all come together!

I'm another who is going to hassle you about the seeming lack of superfree I'm afraid. I appreciate you don't like them, but could you maybe blend them and add them to your sauces so you don't know they are in there?

TBH I don't really understand how anyone can say they don't like veg full stop when there are millions of varieties of veg in the world and they all taste completely different. I know that sounds really patronising, I apologise, but I think with the want to lose weight needs to be an eagerness to try new foods :eek:

I never really liked much veg before i started slimming world, lol i use to eat loads of salad n fruit, but only veg i use to like were cabbage, peas, and sprouts, but since starting sw i have had to make myself eat more veg, now i eat loads, mushrooms use to make me feel so sick even just looking at them and no one in my house was allowed to even have them......now i eat them all the time, i have always got a veg soup cooking in the slow cooker, you definatly need to up your superfree like the others have said, it is hard to get your head round but once you get the hang of it, it's so enjoyable.............. lol i gained my first week on sw!!!!
up the superfree, have more veg n salad you will soon see an improvement in loses, xxx

I have tried vegetables so many times but I just can't get my head around it. It's not that I just don't like it it actually scares me. The only ones I'll eat are potato and carrots anything else freaks me out.

I think I'm worried about eating too much so I'm going too far in the other direction by not eating enough. I've binged and over ate all my life so eating like this is really different to me.

I can only do EE days of green as I'm a vegetarian and I'm very conscious of the fact I'm eating quite a lot of carbs. Also being vegetarian I am finding the diet do expensive with buying fresh fruit and lots of quorn also I use a lot if diary and wheat free stuff so I'm trying to make things last by not eating as much.

Thank you for all your help do far x

I'm the same KimB, I've always been fussy about fruit- I would literally only eat apples and bananas. Now I've branched out to pineapple, mango, berries of all varieties, nectarines.....I didn't have much choice as I was getting sick of the standard apples and bananas!!

Danielle have you tried getting someone else to make you a meal with hidden veg in it, not telling you waht is in there, and trying it?? My best friend hates cabbage yet I hide it in 90% of my meals- she eats it everytime she is here and never notices!!

Do you like beans & lentils? I use them loads in curries, stews, soups, casseroles and stuff, LOADS cheaper than Quorn and really fill you up. You can get a giant bag from the corner shop for less than a fiver! It lasts weeks!

Mm the veg thing, what do you normally cook with, like when you make your Quorn curry? Veggies doesnt have to be like a pile of plain old boiled veg next to your meal, it includes tinned tomatoes/passata, onions, garlic, mmm someone turned cauliflower into a puree for curry the other day. You could just cook your veggies as a soup and then whizz it smooth in the blender, then its just soup, no veggies. Dont know if that'd work for you? Nothing wrong with carrots, I get through 2 kilos a week :D Put them in everything,absolutely EVERYTHING! :D Made a lovely Afghan carrot hotpot :) Or Egyptian carrot & lentil soup?

Also try shopping at LIDL/Aldi/markets or cheaper fruit & veg, I dont know if thats possible? The main supermarkets are just outrageously expensive on that stuff, I can get main things from my corner shop for much less than Tesco these days.

We have an Aldi where I live so I will go in there for fruit. I spent £15 on fruit today and didn't get much to show for it :(

I am going to make a cottage pie and put peas and carrots in it. I feel nervous thinking it lol!

Also I'm going to make a spicy veggie soup to take with me to work.

I use onion and passata sauce almost daily.

I've never tried beans and lentils (well not to my knowledge anyway) what are they like?

That's the way to do it Danielle!! Well done on your bravery with the peas, but I bet you won't even notice them :D

I am quite fussy but I like lentils, don't really taste of all that much but will fill you up.

Mm depends what you get. Red lentils are good for thickening things up. Puy lentils are yummy, kind of 'meaty' taste if that doesnt sound weird :D You'd use them more as the main point of a meal I suppose. Beans, well it depends, you can get all sorts of types!

Was just thinking how it was madly cheaper than Quorn really! I've just had spicy bean soup for tea :) I make a yummy shepherd's pie with lentils. (Im not veggie but I dont eat much meat, only a couple of days a week and then its usually chicken so most of my stuff is veggie compatible)

DanielleOD said:

Hi Danielle

I've just seen another post from you saying you've lost 5.5lb. I guess this was your first week?

Don't jump the gun and think the diet isn't working, have you taken your measurements? Some weeks you may just lose inches rather than lbs. it all depends how your body works.

Xx

Back