Feel like I've really let hubby down :(

sarah5

My husband is a wonderful man but is really quite fat-ist (if there is such a word!). As some of you may know, I lost 3.5 stone doing LL last summer and he was SO proud of me :D , always commenting on how wonderful I looked.

I have just told him that I'm going to start WW tonight (have been putting off telling him cos I know what he would say) and I can just tell what he's thinking and I feel so sad that I have piled back on all that weight I lost last year. I know he thinks that I'm a gluttenous pig (which I am) and that WW will also be a waste of time.

I just wish I could do this for ME and not worry about what he's thinking all the time :(

Hiya Sarah

Ok don't let it get you down, your BMI still on 27.1 so you are barely overweight so don't start beating yourself up! Drink loads of water, stick to a good healthy WW diet and by the summer you'll be back down to where you want to be.

M.

Oh Mike thank you for your message, I don't know if you remember me :( You were my huge motivation to do LL/CD and here I bloomin well am back at square one. Once again, I bow to you having lost all that weight and not put it back on again. Wish I could say the same.

Sorry I sound so miserable, am not really that bad just very cross with myself!

Well use the "very cross" to be the motivation to get busy with water, busy with a few walks and avoid the bad stuff while you trim down again. Don't underestimate the strength you have to do it again but this time you MUST plan for keeping it off and make the small changes to maintain this time.

But don't beat yourself up! That will lead to nibbling and that is a vicious circle you don't want to be in.

Now if you stick to a good diet and drink the water then you'll be finished and maintaining by the time Wimbledon starts, that is no time at all so get drinking and smile as the first tennis ball gets played as you sit there at goal weight.

Go for it..

I understand how you feel. I used to think in a similar way. Always wondering whether DH thought I was nuts.

In the end I think he just thought it was part of being a woman. You know...periods once a month and slimming clubs in January :D

Thank you for such lovely comments everyone, I went to my first meeting last night and am hoping that this is the right thing for me to lose weight and keep it off forever. I really do not wish to spend my life yo-yo dieting, what a waste of time that would be.

Anyway day 1 and feeling great and very motivated. Thank goodness for this fabulous forum, which I will be visiting daily to chat to you lovely people :D x

hmm i don't think my ticker is correct there is no way my bmi is only 25 :eek:

Back