feel soooo down today.

lildanni

I need to rant...sorry!

On wed I sorted out one of my wardrobes and my drawers and got rid of all my size 18's and 20's. My best friend is an 18-20 and has always loved wot I wear so I gave 3 bin bags full to her. She was sooooo grateful, I know money is tight for her and I know most women love new clothes...even pre loved ones! She tried them on last night and they all fit and looked nice.

Come home from hers today and decided to do my other wardrobe. This wardrobe contains the stuff I wear the most. Omg it is breaking my heart, I'm not materialistic or anything like that but these clothes hold memories for me...like the top I wore when we had the huge waterfight on the green, the top I changed into after England played USA in the world cup which was one of the best nights out ever. It's a really big wrench for me this. I know they are now too big for me and will never get worn again which is a good thing and I know they are going to a good home but it's breaking my heart. Iv got 2 drawers free and almost an entire wardrobe and no there is no point in buying more whilst I'm still losing but my clothes defined me and I feel like I'm losing a part of me.

Don't think doing this task at totm and when I have barely slept since Friday was the best idea iv ever had!

Can you not keep them separate? I have loads of clothes too that hold memories for and I keep them apart and tucked nicely away. I also could not bring myself to get rid of them.

Thats it, think of the positives and how you have and will helped someone else out by giving these to her and the memories she will have with them :)

Woo Hoo, I think the hard part must of been actually giving them away. But now it is done as you said, you feel much better !! Well done hun :D

yes, I've done the same with my drawers and wardrobe and got rid of 5 bags of Italian bought clothes of all sizes from 16 to 10. My heart was really bleeding, but they didn't fit any more! I have kept a few tops for the summer because I had bought them when I was smaller and used to squeeze into them at bigger sizes (not a pretty sight!): They might have stretched a bit but now they're fine on me, maybe slightly big and I can live with it. I donated my bags to the local British Heart Foundation, and my fiancé was there saying "tonight we're throwing the old Julia away, the one who wasn't confident and didn't like her looks..." it made me feel better. He said he didn't want to see me wearing those clothes any more and they were defo too big for me so now there's space for a whole new wardrobe in my room :D and CHRISTMAS is coming :D

It's an amazing feeling but so sad at same time isn't it! My best friend us going out in one of the tops when we have our big girls night out on Saturday...it's one that was too small for me when I bought it but went too big before I had a chance to wear it!

The top I sobbed over giving away is one I lived in over the summer...i had a fab summer! I work in a pre school so obv had 6 weeks off but I have just got a new job which is fulltime after 4 years at the preschool....it was a really tough descision to make getting a new job but had to do it for financial reasons and it all happened really quick so I think part of my tears were all the emotion of the past 2 weeks catching up on me and part coz I know NOTHING will ever be the same again!

But like I said before, the new improved me has begun!

It's an amazing feeling but so sad at same time isn't it! ... I think part of my tears were all the emotion of the past 2 weeks catching up on me and part coz I know NOTHING will ever be the same again!

But like I said before, the new improved me has begun!

Yes, look at it this way! It's sad to give your clothes away, and it's sad to leave a job that you love. But life keeps on moving and if you stay where you are, you won't ever have any new results! Einstein said that "foolishness is thinking you can obtain a different result by taking the same action", or, as *I* use to say, "if you keep on doing what you've always done you will always get what you've always got". So look at it as the way to break this circle and start a new you! You're right, nothing will ever be the same again. You won't ever come back to the weight you had before. You've given the clothes away, now you can buy some more and make NEW memories for yourself!

Back