Feel worried

sunnyrae

Silver Member
After not eating enough cals for quite a while now i am trying to eat at least 1200 a day i feel like losing weight is an impossibility. I'm not hungry during the day so should i be eating less? Im really worried now i will have gained when i weigh myself on monday. I just dont see how i could lose weight with amount im eating. Mfp dairy is happyrae u can see what im eating there.
Do you think its possible after eating so little now im eating more i will gain?

You might see a little gain the first week but keep at it and you'll be fine and it'll come off and you'll lose better. The problem is that if you've been eating much below 1200 for a period of time, your metabolism set point will have lowered and it will take a little bit of time to right that again so just keep with it. I've gone from eating 1200 a day to 1200 plus exercise calories (so 1550-1800 usually) and seem to be losing more now with a net of 1200 than of say 600-900. So I'd definitely say to up your calories to 1200 and just stick with it, maybe just don't weigh yourself for a few weeks. I'll add you on MFP.

Thanks for your reply :) i havent been eating my exercise calories so hope thats ok. I need to read the recent thread on eating them

I agree with everything Caroline said. A net of 1200 is pretty safe, and you should see good losses with that. Will take a while though hun, so keep at it :)

Back