feeling a little despondent about SS+

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by xdebzx, 13 June 2008 Social URL.

1. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    well, its been my first week on SS+ and monday is my 4th weigh in.

I weighed myself this morning (my scales are the same as my cdc's) and havent lost anything:(

Do any of you think i may have made a mistake switching to SS+?

I feel a bit dissapointed this week as i only had about 1 1/2 lb to go to have lost a stone.

debs x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

honey, it's only friday. give your body a chance to adjust... you've done so well so far!!

abz xx

4. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Scales can be a funny thing. They may show you as staying the same today and yet by Monday you could still have lost quite a few pounds.
    Don't get disheartened, you're body's maybe taking a wee bit of time to adjust.

5. Nade

Nade Full Member

Last week my scales said I lost nothing up until Monday, when they showed a 1 lb lost,then on Tuesday (my weih in day) they showed a total of 3lb loss, as did my CDC scales.

Dont worry, I am sure there will be a shift by Monday...

6. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Like the others have said Debz, scales can be funny things and it could be your body adjusting to the extra calories again. Wait until weigh-in and I am sure that you will be pleasantly surprised :) You are doing so well too!! You and Elaine are my SS+ inspiration remember ;) xxx

7. susie Q

susie Q Full Member

Diet:
    cd
    Keep going on ss+ you are doing well, Do you use sweeteners??? I did and found they slowed down my weight loss, now dont use them at all, And what milk do you use???? Try using uht skimmed milk (the one in the carton) as my sister-in-laws told me some shops add a little bit of sugar to their skimmed milk to make it taste nicer, her dad is diabetic and the dr told him to be careful with his milk. Try anything just to see if it helps x

8. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

sweeteners

i was told that sweeteners do not affect ur weight loss, how did u come to the conclusion that this is not true 4u susieq? sorry 4 all the questions but i really dislike the shakes so take 3 sweeteners to sweeten them up and they then taste nice x

9. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

oops i posted b4 i had finished. so basically really want 2 know if they do slow down ur weight loss, then i will somehow have 2 get use to them without sweeteners x

10. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS

Hi, i hate milk, lol I am doing 3 shakes and a 200kcal green and white meal (120g chicken, 2 tablespoons cucumber, or 225 cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons celery)

oh, and i dont have sweetners in anything.

debs x

11. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS

lol, thanks hunny x

debs x

12. Ceri

Ceri Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi, I would wait until official wi. Funny how it can just drop off in a couple of days!
    I must admit though tat ss+ did not suit me at all, and despite sticking to it rigidly, I did have a week where I STS.
    Best of luck with wi and don't throw in the towel. There are other stages you could try.
    Ceri

13. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

bump

14. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    thanks for all your support as ever girls x

just having an off day methinks

debs x

15. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    gawd!!! gotta get myself back into a positive frame of mind!! Did my measurements this morning after my cdc emailed me and said even though i havent lost anything this week i will have lost inches :confused: Well.... i havent! I have in fact gained an inch round my waist!! how??

Give me strength to get through this week purleeaase! :rolleyes:

sorry guys, am a proper pain in the butt at the mo'

debs x

16. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    HEY HUN,
    TRY NOT TO BE TOO DISHEARTENED AS MY SCALES BARELY BUDGED FOR ME ON MY WEEKS 7&8 WEIGH IN AND I WENT AND LOST 11LBS SO ID KEEP THE FAITH IF I WERE YOU,AS THE OTHERS HAVE SAID YOUR BODY IS ADJUSTING TO YOU HAVING THE BIT OF FOOD AGAIN SO PLEASE GIVE IT TIME TO SEE HOW YOU GO.
    YOU ARE DOING FAB SO DONT LET THE SCALES JUSTIFY YOUR MOOD,I KNOW ITS HARD NOT TO BUT PLEASE TRY.
    THIS IS A HARD DIET BUT YOU KNOW ITS SOOO WORTH IT HUN,I TOO HAVE MY WEIGH IN ON MONDAY SO WE SHALL KEEP EACH OTHER POSTED,JUST LOOK AT MY QUOTE HUN ITS VERY TRUE,
    I AM SENDING YOU OUT SOME GOOD VIBES :vibes:,ALL WILL BE FINE,
    ELAINE X

17. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    AHHHH THANX HUN,IVE NEVER BEEN ANYBODYS "INSPIRATION" BEFORE,I HOPE NOT TO LET YOU DOWN COME WEIGH DAY(MONDAY)
    ELAINE X

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    Oh,did You Mean Me????if Not I Feel A Little Silly!!!!

20. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS

ty hunny, good luck with your WI on Monday. x

I'm not a serial weigher as it were, usually about once midweek was enough to keep me happy (sometimes ignorance is bliss huh?)

I have a lovely pair of trousers that i have been trying to fit into for 6 months so i will keep them hung up in sight as inspiration:)

debs x

21. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    How Are Your Clothes Feeling On You,thats Always A Good Way To Judge??

22. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh as Elaine says, try not to let the scales dictate your mood, I've moved up to 810 since Tuesday from SS this week and I've had it sts for 3 days running!!! but this morning I was down 0.8 of a pound, so I think that my body is just getting used to the introduction of food, and it is mostly likely what is happening for you too, it will turn around for you and you didnt make a mistake going up to SS+ particularly at your BMI

Best of luck with your WI :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.