Feeling A lot more positive... TODAY!

Smoffi

Well one of the last posts I started here was titled 'feeling really low' But now, thanks to a lot of people here, some prayers and the big man Himself, I'm now in a much more positive frame of mind :) So I thought rather than dwelling in the negative thread I'd come here with a more positive one!

So to all those who have supported me in the other thread, a very BIG Thankyou!

To all those I've yet to meet, or are joining me here for the first time, a very big
Hello
I'll post my ramblings, food diary, high times and low, for all who would like to read.

xx

I've just found this recipe that I'm thinking of using as a 'picking dish' for when I NEED to nibble something NOW.. (apart from papadums which i will leave out!) can anyone see anything which wouldn't make it free on an EE day?

500g red lentils, rinsed well and drained
1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and extra finely chopped, or minced
1 vegetarian stock cube
Sea salt
Approximately 1½ litres purified water
1-2 teaspoons (depending if you prefer it stronger or mild) madras or mild curry paste
A sprig of coriander (cilantro), steamed organic basmati rice, and pappadams, to serve

METHOD

Place lentils, onion, garlic, stock cube and a generous pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Top up with water until saucepan is about ¾ full.

Turn gas to high and bring to the boil; stirring often.

Boil rapidly stirring frequently for approximately 10 minutes.

Place lid on pot, and reduce heat to very low, so the dahl just simmers. Simmer a further 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until dahl is thick and lentils are cooked through. Season to taste with extra salt if necessary.

hey, so glad you are feeling more positive :D
looking forward to reading your diary , i find them inspirational and full of ideas like your recipie:D

good luck:)

I'm really starting to struggle to get my syns in.. never thought I'd be saying THAT when I started the plan! lol

Just had 2 skinny lizzy sausages (1syn each) in two wholemeal rolls (1hexb and 6syns) just to get my syns up.. was yummy though :)

Still suffering with toothache, hoping the antibiotics kick in soon.. they're making me feel groggy, but don't seem to be doing much for the tooth - having said that, the agony I was in Monday night/Tuesday morning is gone.. its just 'normal' pain now, and not constantly.. so better than it was.

Back