Feeling and looking lighter

chocahorrific

It's something that's happening me a lot since last week - I look at myself and think "I absolutely have lost weight since last weigh-in" or "I'm finding it much easier to get down the stairs this week than I did last week".
It unnerves me greatly, as, while I like the idea of looking and feeling closer to target, I'm worried that when I go into WI on Tuesday, the scales won't reflect my own ideas :eek:

Did anyone else feel like this after they'd lost a noticeable amount of weight? I had 4lbs off last week, and it's only Sunday/Saturday night and I honestly feel and think I look about another 3lbs lighter on top of that?!

First time dieting to be honest, and all these weird feelings are a serious mind-frig :p

When I wi at home on the morning 99% of time if i feel lighter I am lighter I'm rarely wrong but I could never say by how much.

Weight is a tough one because really once a week wi is not accurate a glass of water weighs 8oz alone so the scales reflect alot of other things than fat.

How your clothes fit are best indicator. I've worn a tshirt I've not worn in 4 years I have a box of tops that were way to small and I pull one on now n they fit easily.
I've lost 2st so far n my son weighs 2stone and I cAnnot comprehend him of just fat I'm getting almost delay disgust with myself that I always thought I wasn't to fat when clearly I was.

from fat to skinny jeans only 46lb to go

I have found that in the past I have lost inches before pounds so perhaps this is why the scales arent showing what is really happening to your body. If people are noticing, then you are doing good. Believe in yourself and what other people are telling you

I've been doing SW since the beginning of April and have only lost five and a half pounds so far (done it in the past and lost this amount in first week!), even though I've followed it to the letter but I already feel lighter and better about myself because I know, this time, it's a 'for life' way of eating. I know I'm only putting good, healthy food into my body and this, in itself, makes me feel so much better and lighter, even though, at this stage, it's only my frame of mind. :)

I actually wore my "target" jeans yesterday - was delighted! Had to dump a pair of shorts today because they looked so silly on me - what horrified me was the way they were sitting was due to the stretching from when I was at my start weight! Roll on Tuesday :D

Back