Feeling Bleugh!

sidneee

Hi, i have been on ss+ - ish for the last 2 weeks. i lost 5.9k in the first week and then gained .1k this week. I cant really complain as i had 1.5 days off for my birthday and had plenty so i should be very happy! I always like to set myself up so i started the diet (again) a week before my birthday. i thought i could probably lose about a stone in the first week (which i did) and then went to a 5 star hotel for my birthday with mini bars, breakfast included etc! I decided that i would allow myself 31.5 hours off (the night in the hotel and my whole birthday day to have what i wanted. I did this. i got back on it and apart from 5 little chips from my sisters bowl with my salad, i have been 100% ss+ since.
So why am i so down on myself!?
I just wanted to share my thoughts as i often start and stop.... AT ABOUT 10 DAYS TO 2 WEEKS! I self sabotage. I am a perfectionist!
I have decided to try and fail better... and i am doing that.
So why feeling bleugh? Because i have dieted many times before and 'last time i lost this much by this point' and 'before i could do such and such but now i cant'.
I have to stop judging myself against myself. I am a human being and we are not predictable!
How come we can pig out on a diet and lose weight that week? How come we can be angelic and gain 2lbs? I am here to tell myself that it is 'just because'! I am made up of cells, blood, bones and lots of other lovely, contrary, complicated stuff and i cant control the variables of my hormones, how my body reacts to pain medication, how the sun will shine or the wind will blow........
But i can try and keep on keeping on and eventually, as sure as night turns to day, that .1k will go and more will folllow...... i just need to have my packs, and my water, and my veggies and my protein or whatever......
AND I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!
Thanks for being here and sharing in me talking myself into sticking with it.
Cheers

Back