Feeling Blue :(

MissHarleyQuinn92

Hi guys... My ex boyfriend and his current gf have been stalking me for a while. Any website I'm on, they find me and message me to torment me. Just this morning she found me on Facebook and started leaving nasty messages. She brought up the fact that "it wouldn't hurt if I went to the gym from time to time".
I know it shouldn't bother me but it really really does. She's one of those girls that are straight up and down.. I'm actually shaking here it's gotten to me that much.

What a bit*h! All I can say is that you must be doing something right hun if they're more interested in your life than their own sad little lives. Don't you let them get you down. Also, perhaps remind her that stalking and harrassment are crimes that are taken very seriously...

In Facebook settings you can block her, also you can have your profile so it can't be searched for/same with messages, you can take this function off so that only people on your friends list can message you. You need to protect yourself from this person who is obviously very insecure.....if all that fails, i'd keep the messages and report her xx

Princess_Stevie said:
What a bit*h! All I can say is that you must be doing something right hun if they're more interested in your life than their own sad little lives.

I agree totally. She must feel very threatened by you. Clearly you have qualities she's jealous of!

I would ensure you keep anything they send you and actually would report them to the police. Surely if they are tracking you down on various sites for the sole purpose of harrassing you this is a crime! Ring the non emergency number for advice but make sure you have hard copies of any contact. Good luck hun, they sound like scumbags xx

I seem to be a total b**ch magnet lol
Thanks everyone for your kind words and your advice. I felt so blue all day thinking about it but I just told myself, "Nope. You're better than her. You're smarter, prettier and you have a way better boyfriend now" (My ex who she's going out with was an abusive b*****d). From now on if I see any messages on any site from her I'll not even read them. Just delete and block.
<3

*Emsie* said:
Why on earth would they be doing this? Not reacting sounds like a good plan! If they continue the harrassment then report them!

Agree with this too but please don't delete stuff without saving a copy. If you need to take it further in future (fingers crosses it won't come to that though!) you need proof!

Pft. Shes jealous and threatened by you, youre doing something FAB for them to be so interested! x

I know that the advice you have been given about ignoring it all is very sensible, but a part of me thinks it would be much more fun to respond. Add the comment on your Facebook page - ooh look here comes my stalker! - and then get your Facebook friends to comment - ooh you've got a stalker, how can I get one? - and turn it into one huge joke. There's nothing quite as effective at getting back at someone who is trying to upset you than turning them into a joke and having a good laugh.

OK, totally irresponsible, I know, but almost irresistable! . . . . . .

AnnaFaraday said:
I know that the advice you have been given about ignoring it all is very sensible, but a part of me thinks it would be much more fun to respond. Add the comment on your Facebook page - ooh look here comes my stalker! - and then get your Facebook friends to comment - ooh you've got a stalker, how can I get one? - and turn it into one huge joke. There's nothing quite as effective at getting back at someone who is trying to upset you than turning them into a joke and having a good laugh.

OK, totally irresponsible, I know, but almost irresistable! . . . . . .

Who are you and what have you done with Anna? Did you take double dose of your mischief pills this morning? :8855:

Most of the above advice seems very sensible and logical and you should definitely take it. The only thing I can add is - they only win if you let them. And that doesn't mean simply pretending it doesn't bother you - it means it actually doesn't bother you. You may think "Easy for her to say, she's not on the receiving end of it" and you would be right, but it is easy for you to do - too.

If someone is so messed up in the head they have nothing better to do than troll around the Internet hunting you down to belittle you, it says FAR more about them than it says about you. You are in a much better place than they will ever be - and most likely that's why they are doing this, to try and drag you down to their level. Their opinions are worthless, because they are not based remotely in reality, only in some bitter pile of bile that is corrupted and nonsensical. Let them have those opinions, they are just that - nothing more and nothing less. Why should the opinions of people you care nothing about have any effect and influence on your life whatsoever? They are meaningless to you and anyone who really cares about you. If their opinion can come to mean nothing to you, then their actions and their words are insignificant words on a screen and nothing more, and that makes you the winner, no matter how hard they may try to convince themselves otherwise.

You're all such fabulous people. <3
I'm actually choking up at some of the sweet things you guys have said to me. :) You're all sweethearts.

Clearly the dizzy giddiness of behaving so outrageously affected your spelling. Think nothing of it - happens to the best of us from time to time ;)

I'm with Anna all the way! Read something the other day that said ignoring bullies actually makes them think it's acceptable!

Personally I would name and shame!

Back