feeling down

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by holiday-dieter, 24 August 2011 Social URL.

1. holiday-dieter

holiday-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(29.07%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Made the mistake again of weighing mid week and I've lost nothing, nada, zilch, zero. Has anyone else experienced this? My scales may be a bit tempermental as when I got on again I'd lost half a pound, then a pound, but then I'd stayed the same... Sorry for the ramble.. Just thought I'd have lost more in my first week :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ClaireS84

ClaireS84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I actually feel exactly the same as you this morning - I got on the scales and there was no change. I have vowed the I would not weigh myself every morning because it makes me feel down when I do not lost a bean. :sigh:

4. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    step away from the scales ladies, they are not your friend, the only weight that counts is the official one.

saying that I jump on scales willy nilly at numerous times in the day jsut don't take it to heart what they say x

5. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If it makes you feel any better, I never lose weight until the end of the dieting week.

I am a serial daily weigher and my weight can stay the same all week and then suddenly I drop a pound or two.
    This is the reason why daily/mid week weighing is not recommended unless you can cope with the reading.
    For me, it spurs me on, for others it can make them turn to food and ruin all their hard work!

So, either keep off the scales or don't get disheartened by what you see....just keep doing the plan and you will see results!

6. ClaireS84

ClaireS84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Those blasted scales are only ever my friend when I have a loss. :D

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's exactly why you should stay off the scales. How excited would you feel right now if it had shown a 2lb loss? & then less at WI. You said your scales can be tempremental, you just don't know how much you've lost until WI day.

The only WI which counts is that at group (or home if you don't go to group).

8. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Stay off them scales hun! They mess with your head mid weigh ins and can make you feel very unhappy often without just cause as you will probably have lost when you get on the official scales. They are the only ones which count tempting I know and we all have done it at sometime, but really, try not to. Hide them ha ha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.