feeling fed up , advice needed please

katoof

Silver Member
Hiya everyone, I'm not normally one to moan on here but I'm feeling desperate and could do with some support and advice. My weight loss has been slowing but I kind of expected that but over the past three weeks I have put on half a stone. I have been 100% counting everything, sticking to my 1400 calories a day and exercising every day. I'm gutted as I now have over three stone to loose again and if the weight keeps going on I am lost for what else to do. I use my calories on healthy foods and drink loads if water, my exercise I'd nothing new, I gaff been doing it for over a year and I know its not muscle gain. I'm just stuck and need some advice, thanks, Lisa

Firstly, look at your signature, look at your stats. See how far you have come and how much you have achieved. Take a couple of minutes to feel proud of yourself- you have worked so hard and come so far. Do not give up on yourself.

Secondly- do you take your measurements? If not, you definitely should. You might be gaining on the scale and actually shrinking in size- particularly if you are exercising everyday.

Thirdly- I think you have just plateaued so you need to switch something up and change something. I'd start by reducing your calorie intake to 1300 or 1250 a day which might knock your metabolism into gear and I would also try something new exercise wise. If you've been doing it for a year, it probably isn't having the impact on your body that it was in the beginning. Try this for one week and see what happens.

And Fourthly- don't lose heart and don't give up. You've made so much progress. Focus on how far you've come not how far you have to go. You're doing fantastic. Keep at it :)

Thanks for the reply. I am very pleased with how far I've come, its just frightening to see the numbers going back up when I'm sticking to my calories and I have do far to go.

I have been tempted to lower my calories but so far have stuck to 1400 as I exercise do much ( I do around 18 hours a week) including, weight training (free weights in gym and bodypump), cardio (bodystep, spinning, bodyattack and bodycombat ) , swimming, jogging, body balance(Pilates and yoga type class). I am worried I may be going too low if I drop under 1400 calories, does anyone else do a lot of exercise that vpklc help me out here ?

While I'm usually an advocate of the sheer "calories in, calories out" model - have you ever tried a fasting/high calorie day to throw your body out of the routine?
In any case, whatever you do, the stats in your signature and the fitness regimen I read in one of the exercise threads are such an incredible inspiration (and I don't say this lightly).
Don't give up no matter what. :)

'does anyone else do a lot of exercise that vpklc help me out here ?'

What does vpklc mean?

Pretty sure it's a typo and it should say 'can'.

If you do that much exercise I am almost inclinded to think you might need to eat more!!

SuperGroovy said:
'does anyone else do a lot of exercise that vpklc help me out here ?'

What does vpklc mean?

Yeah sorry it should say can, my phone isn't the best and I miss a lot of mistakes!

Uwe said:
While I'm usually an advocate of the sheer "calories in, calories out" model - have you ever tried a fasting/high calorie day to throw your body out of the routine?
In any case, whatever you do, the stats in your signature and the fitness regimen I read in one of the exercise threads are such an incredible inspiration (and I don't say this lightly).
Don't give up no matter what. :)

Thankyou and I won't give up, just worried to see scales heading the wrong way, I haven't tried fasting/ high cal days, I might research it, Thankyou.

I must be very frustrating when ur working so hard. Are you being totally honest with your calorie counting... I tend to get very relaxed about measuring cereal, milk things like that when I have them every day, what about alcohol? Some ppl say that can hinder weightloss even if counted in cals. Are you drinking plenty of water? I'm sure it will balance out. Maybe try calorie cycling to break the routine? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I'm very strict and I weigh and measure everything, only had one glass of wine in a year and a half, think maybe my body gas got used to stuff, oh well, I guess with the amount I do it has to move in the right direction at some point

katoof said:
Yeah I'm very strict and I weigh and measure everything, only had one glass of wine in a year and a half, think maybe my body gas got used to stuff, oh well, I guess with the amount I do it has to move in the right direction at some point

Yea it's got to, just stick with it ur doing great, remember what u have achieved already xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the support guys, still going slow but have now losr what I had gained plus an extra 2 lb, how are you guys doing ?

Thanks for the support guys, still going slow but have now losr what I had gained plus an extra 2 lb, how are you guys doing ?

Going slow?
Check out your average weight loss percentage per month. That is still pretty amazing. :)

Back