Feeling guilty about my 21st already

Hi guys, posted a while back about my 21st birthday. I started this diet 3 weeks before my 21st birthday knowing I was going to break it for my birthday.
Any other birthday and I'd just get on with it, but we have had a meal planned for months and people have ordered me a special cake etc. I didn't think id feel so worried about breaking this diet.
I've lost 8lb (probably more now still not gone for weigh in) and have stuck to the diet really well.
Only problem is I already feel "guilty" for what I may eat! I'm inevitably going to have snacks and cake. I'm planning on eggs and spinach for my breakfast, a shake for lunch and a chicken breast salad for dinner and I'm feeling terrible, like I've failed.
I plan to get straight back on the diet as it's the only one that has worked for me so far and I'm desperate to shake the extra weight.
Will I feel like this my entire life everytime I eat something I shouldnt or have a planned break.
Starting to wish I had started after my birthday so I could enjoy myself without worrying and feeling a failure!

Don't feel like a failure, your birthday can't be helped, 21 is a very special birthday do enjoy it as you had planned & get back into the zone afterwards.
There's no point in feeling guilty as they will only make things harder.
I've had 2 planned events whilst on plan and not had a gain so it can be done so long as you stick to plan the rest of the time. Good luck x x

Your 21st is special and should be celebrated - you're making healthy choices in the food you are having and you plan to get right back on track. Enjoy - and Happy Birthday!

Hi guys, posted a while back about my 21st birthday. I started this diet 3 weeks before my 21st birthday knowing I was going to break it for my birthday. Any other birthday and I'd just get on with it, but we have had a meal planned for months and people have ordered me a special cake etc. I didn't think id feel so worried about breaking this diet. I've lost 8lb (probably more now still not gone for weigh in) and have stuck to the diet really well. Only problem is I already feel "guilty" for what I may eat! I'm inevitably going to have snacks and cake. I'm planning on eggs and spinach for my breakfast, a shake for lunch and a chicken breast salad for dinner and I'm feeling terrible, like I've failed. I plan to get straight back on the diet as it's the only one that has worked for me so far and I'm desperate to shake the extra weight. Will I feel like this my entire life everytime I eat something I shouldnt or have a planned break. Starting to wish I had started after my birthday so I could enjoy myself without worrying and feeling a failure!

I hope this makes you feel better about it. I have been on step 2 for coming up 3 weeks now. My brother moved to Spain on Tuesday and my family had a special roast dinner meal on Monday night. I ate the lot- potatoes, parsnips, gravy, Yorkshire, cauliflower cheese... The full works. Lemon sponge with custard dessert and a couple of glasses of wine. I was dreading weighing the next day and determined it would put me out of ketosis for ages but I didn't care because it was a special meal and I really enjoyed it.

Anyway the result? 1/4 of a lb gain the following day which came off plus more the day after. Was also back in keto the following afternoon. As long as you decide in your head that one meal will not derail you and you'll get back on it next day - enjoy yourself!! Xx

Back